GDT: Avs vs. Capitals: The Quest to Deny 700

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Jost penalty was a bad call (and even then it's kinda understandable why the refs thought he high-sticked the guy), but none of the rest of them were. Cole let a guy walk right past him and put a stick right on his hands. The EJ high stick was obvious, as was Burakovsky's idiotic stick right to Oshie's face. I get that the Caps may have gotten away with a few things, but all the Avs' penalties were deserved. Quit taking dumb penalties, and quit doing such a bad f***ing job killing them.

Also, the Avs had at least THREE CHANCES to put this game out of reach. They proceeded to lazily waste away an entire power play with perimeter passing garbage and not a single shot on goal, then get a full minute of 5-on-3 and proceeded to just stand around. This loss is 100% on them, and they know it.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
The Jost penalty was a bad call (and even then it's kinda understandable why the refs thought he high-sticked the guy), but none of the rest of them were. Cole let a guy walk right past him and put a stick right on his hands. The EJ high stick was obvious, as was Burakovsky's idiotic stick right to Oshie's face. I get that the Caps may have gotten away with a few things, but all the Avs' penalties were deserved. Quit taking dumb penalties, and quit doing such a bad ****ing job killing them.

Also, the Avs had at least THREE CHANCES to put this game out of reach. They proceeded to lazily waste away an entire power play with perimeter passing garbage and not a single shot on goal, then get a full minute of 5-on-3 and proceeded to just stand around. This loss is 100% on them, and they know it.

I agree that the loss is on the Avs, but Donskoi's slash was deserved?

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I've never been to a Airfoce game. I'm extremely excited. I even bought an electric heated vest and heated shoe insoles just in case it's cold. I don't wanna get off my keister unless it's for beer. The fly over at the Broncos game I went to was pretty great and the was just a few Jets. So I can't wait to see A-10s.

Ops, I may have misstated. What I was saying is my experience watching other people's experience is ooos and aaaaahs for the A-10. They are not schedded for tmrw afaik.

I saw that it is to be F-16s and F-35 Stealths. There may be others that am not aware of. Hey, it will be awesome no matter what is in the air. I don't see how they will run their falcon mascots, so imagination must be used for that. Believe I read that they will have a parachute team too, I think. Have been on the field many times photographing them and sundry events for the AFA. I hope everyone will be able to take it all in. The game experience, and the location. It is a great place. Great people.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Ops, I may have misstated. What I was saying is my experience watching other people's experience is ooos and aaaaahs for the A-10. They are not schedded for tmrw afaik.

I saw that it is to be F-16s and F-35 Stealths. There may be others that am not aware of. Hey, it will be awesome no matter what is in the air. I don't see how they will run their falcon mascots, so imagination must be used for that. Have been on the field many times photographing them and sundry events for the AFA. It is a great place. Great people.
Well I'm sure it'll still be awesome even without the A-10s. I hope they surprise with a B52. I always wanted to see one live in flight.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Problem I have is we've been picking up wins against lottery teams, we lost as soon as we played a good team. I can't say we played particularly well against those bottom teams.

Exactly. The "oh well, we can't win 'em all" argument is weak. Of course we can't.

The loss last night exposed some of our weaknesses, that's the important part.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I agree that the loss is on the Avs, but Donskoi's slash was deserved?

Honestly forgot about that one, can't really remember if that one was bad or not. Regardless, bad as the officiating might be in the NHL on a given night, the Avs still did not lose that game because of the refs. They lost because they stopped skating in the 3rd period (or if you ask Bednar, quit battling for the puck) and failed miserably to score on a two-man advantage.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Well I'm sure it'll still be awesome even without the A-10s. I hope they surprise with a B52. I always wanted to see one live in flight.

Assuming you are coming from Denver, when you enter the academy via north gate, about 2 miles in on your left is a B52. Used during the Vietnam war, now a memorial museum piece. It has been cut in the middle to shorten the length, but it is indeed a B52. Just not in the air.

May be going early and tailgating with some other people. Gather there are more events during the afternoon... so mebbe worth looking up what's happening. The flybys tho will be great. They come south to north btw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad