GDT: Avs vs. Capitals: The Quest to Deny 700

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Is that a thing at CU? Do they have a lot of D.C. transplants going to school in Boulder? I know at DU everyone and their mother was from Chicago.

I just meant they were all from the Denver Metro area. A lot of bandwagoners and people who live in Denver. Typical for being a Colorado fan. I feel bad for the team that the local media doesn't cover the team and stir up the support that this team deserves.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I just meant they were all from the Denver Metro area. A lot of bandwagoners and people who live in Denver. Typical for being a Colorado fan. I feel bad for the team that the local media doesn't cover the team and stir up the support that this team deserves.
They obviously moved to Colorado now, I personally know at least eight people who are from Maryland/Virginia area. It's just a natural flow for people to move from high populated areas to lower populated areas thus exhibiting diffusion.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Ahh, gotcha, I understand now. It really does suck how 1) the local news ignores the Avs, and 2) the regional sports network can’t get airtime. People are missing out on a great young team making a name for themselves this year.

Oh, well. At least the Denver faithful will know the names of all of Von Miller’s chickens and the drama between the hens. And then the Broncos play again and f*** everyone else.

Reactions: RockyMtnRedhawk

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
They obviously moved to Colorado now, I personally know at least eight people who are from Maryland/Virginia area. It's just a natural flow for people to move from high populated areas to lower populated areas thus exhibiting diffusion.

Yeah, and they can **** off. (Sorry, drunk and annoyed)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
1) the local news ignores the Avs,
No doubt, but they actually had a lot of stories today covering the stadium series game.
Yeah, and they can **** off. (Sorry, drunk and annoyed)
Not disagreeing, but just stating that this isn't a surprise. You either have people like ones from Minnesota or Maryland moving to CO for random reasons and then you got the ones from Chicago and Detroit which are moving due to their cities being extremely poorly ran. The worst ones are still easily the Californians (running away from high taxes and actually everything else) and Ford F150 smog Texas license plates (no idea why they're moving to CO).

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
No doubt, but they actually had a lot of stories today covering the stadium series game.

Not disagreeing, but just stating that this isn't a surprise. You either have people like ones from Minnesota or Maryland moving to CO for random reasons and then you got the ones from Chicago and Detroit which are moving due to their cities being extremely poorly ran. The worst ones are still easily the Californians (running away from high taxes and actually everything else) and Ford F150 smog Texas license plates (no idea why they're moving to CO).
The Stadium Series game is a bit different in that it’s a one-time thing, it’s nationally televised, and it has to do with the military. You want to hear about the Avs winning a tight game against the Blue Jackets? Forget about it.

And for the record, it’s the weed. A large portion of the people moving here do it strictly for the weed. Even as other states decriminalize it, Colorado was one of the first states to do so and that gets people moving here in hopes of other things being decriminalized. Like shrooms.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
What do people think about calling up Bowers? Considering our non-existent C-depth it can't be any worse, but at least Shane will get some experience.

Lastwind

Jan 20, 2020
Ottawa, ON
Sakic really needs to get a center while Kadri is out. Jost is completely useless, JTC is a bottom 6 forward, there is absolutely no one who can take that 2 C position and even do a decent job until Kadri gets back. This team is so close to challenging for division title, dont think they can do it without Kadri if Sakic doesnt get anyone
Kamenev

Last edited:

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
I am in Costa Rica and and still hate jost.

Kadri injured and nuke gets less ice time? Jost gets more? If it’s not for the Costa Rica vacation I’m on, I’d be throwing tables

NUKE IS BEING ROBBED

Reactions: The Kingslayer

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I am in Costa Rica and and still hate jost.

Kadri injured and nuke gets less ice time? Jost gets more? If it’s not for the Costa Rica vacation I’m on, I’d be throwing tables

NUKE IS BEING ROBBED
Dong should be demoted. I wanna see a power line with Landy and Bura on it. Dong hasn't been as good since his injury. Some time to shake off the rust and refocus on the 3rd line might do him good.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I'm obviously biased but I had the impression the refs did everything they could to put the Caps on the powerplay. More important, though, do we really plan to win a cup with our own PP setup?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The Avs just won 7 games in a row, and the Capitals were just blown out in their previous two games. The Avs weren’t going to win forever, and the Caps weren’t going to be embarrassed three games in a row. Games like these happen. It’s not disgraceful, they aren’t a bunch of mentally weak children, and no one needs to be fired over it. If Cole’s crossbar goes in, its a whole different result. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but didn’t. Time to move on and put that behind.

However, the 3rd does show the cracks on the team. Makar and Girard are great, but when the forwards are fast and 220 lbs+, they look like little kids playing against men. Unfortunately the Avs big defencemen don’t shine in games like these either. It’s a pretty good mix of defencemen that seems to work well against 98% percent of the teams in the NHL.

The other obvious area that is a major let down right now is the special teams. The Avs obviously know that, they work on it endlessly. They need to start getting better results though.

Looking forward to seeing a win on the outdoor ice.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Washington showed us how to gameplan. Their PP with Ovi backing off, drawing our defenders up away from goal where Bäckström could have scored three goals. The bizarre thing was after they schooled Avs with the trick once, Avs kept falling for it. Zero adaptation until the last PK, where Cole's adaptation was roaming around like a drunk rooster between Ovi and the slot.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I guess I'm not understanding the reactions around here. Did you all not watch the same game I did? When the refs were calling it both ways we were fine in fact winning 2-1. When there refs decided to call it lopsided in the 3rd, is not surprisingly when we fell apart. It's impassible to gain any positive momentum, when you are constantly put on the PK. Only one of the calls in the 3rd was legit, the rest were trash. And when I watch one of our guys get ridden like a horse and their sick taken away from them with no call, then I'd say none of the calls we're legit, cause if you aren't calling that you shouldn't be calling anything.

We can sit here and harp on the PP and PK, we can ride Jost, we can call out EJ. But we've been doing that all year, those elements on this team suck, we know, I'm sure Sakic/Bednar knows it. Or we can say tonight was a shaft job where the refs really gave us no chance in the 3rd to even gain one ounce of offensive momentum against a good team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad