GDT: Avs vs. BJs | 4-1-14 @ 5:00 PM MT

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah that's my bad. I guess I didn't realize about Division winners and wildcards and how that was organized. I guess I'm also confused :help:

So highest division winner plays lowest wildcard. Got it

All good. The good news is we're contemplating scenarios where the Avs make it to the second round of the playoffs. Haven't had that mindset in about five years or so.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Joe Sacco somehow managed to beat them all the time. They have the same team pretty much just add Miller and we only played Miller once this season as a Blue.

Yep, they are a good team, but I find that some of the people here give them way too much respect, this group of guys showed they can play with them and beat them with an ignoramus like Sacco behind the bench and they were neck and neck this season even when we didn't have Stastny in the line-up, we basically had one terrible period against them where our goalies couldn't stop anything and suddenly they're the 70's Canadiens.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yep, they are a good team, but I find that some of the people here give them way too much respect, this group of guys showed they can play with them and beat them with an ignoramus like Sacco behind the bench and they were neck and neck this season even when we didn't have Stastny in the line-up, we basically had one terrible period against them where our goalies couldn't stop anything and suddenly they're the 70's Canadiens.

Might be in the Avs' heads now though

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
That could change though
I'm kinda wondering about the mindset go these guys winning these last games. Seems we are playing poorly and making the same terrible d mistakes, only to play tough to beat. It's strange but I like it. I admit it would be nice to win a few 7-2 games, but look at the standings! We are really up there in points vs the league. No reason at all to consider us auto loser first round without Duchy.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I don't know where to put this, so I will put it here.

What are your guys thoughts on these hats? I think they are sick, but my brother said he doesn't know if he would wear one. But, he is a Hawks fan, so what does he know?

http://www.lacerheadwearstore.com/collections/nhl

Here is the Avs one:
Lacer-Colorado-Avalanche-Hat.jpg

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I don't know where to put this, so I will put it here.

What are your guys thoughts on these hats? I think they are sick, but my brother said he doesn't know if he would wear one. But, he is a Hawks fan, so what does he know?

http://www.lacerheadwearstore.com/collections/nhl

Here is the Avs one:
Lacer-Colorado-Avalanche-Hat.jpg

like many things in the NHL does, it's an interesting idea with poor execution. I like the lace ties, but they look stupid at the front. And I hate flat-brim hats with the burning passion of a thousand suns gone supernovae.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I don't wear hats, but if I did, I wouldn't wear that one.

EDIT: Maybe if my head looked like a foot... (cuz that hat looks like a shoe)

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I wish the NHL had an agreement with New Era on hats. They are on the only hats that I wear because I love the shape of them. Those flexfit reebok hats are too skinny/narrow and all the snapback hats look too silly to wear. Especially with the flat brim.

New era MLB hats fit like a charm when you put a curve in it. I think I have almost every team even though i'm a Jays fan. If I could get a solid burgandy or even black new era MLB style hat with an Avs logo on the front I would be so excited.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What's wrong with a flat brim? I've only bought one hat that actually came with a curved bill, the rest I had to roll in order to get them to curve.

But I'll agree anyone walking around with a hat that still has a flat brim looks stupid.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What's wrong with a flat brim? I've only bought one hat that actually came with a curved bill, the rest I had to roll in order to get them to curve.

But I'll agree anyone walking around with a hat that still has a flat brim looks stupid.

Those snapbacks are made to keep the brim flat. If you try to curve it the whole shape of the hat gets ruined.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I'm sorry...what are snapbacks?

They aren't fitted. They have the 2 straps that snap onto each other.

get_image.aspx

Those are beautiful.

You guys need to be hip like me :naughty:

Hahaha. It might just be me, but I have always liked things with hockey laces. Mainly sweatshirts and the Howie's Hockey Tape lace belts. (The Lake Erie equipment manager actually gave one to me when he was here in Rockford last season).

Sure, the laces do seem kind of forced on the hat, but it's different, and I like it.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Yeah, when I was younger I bent the bills on them all the time and they fit fine.

But all the hats I buy now that have a snapback come with an already bent bill, so I don't know if that's still the case or not.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Hats with snaps in the back are stupid, as is that hat up above.

This is my Avs hat when I decide to wear one.

thumb.aspx

I don't like Burgundy personally and the green is a great opener for anyone that knows anything about hockey since it is obviously not the Avs colors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad