GDT: Avs vs. BJs | 4-1-14 @ 5:00 PM MT

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Well, I have some down time before class, so I'll throw a GDT together real quick. If someone else is working on a better one, feel free to keep doing so!

So, we are playing a game of some sort tonight.

The goal: Score more goals than they do.

I am all in on vCash tonight, I encourage you all to do the same....or not. I don't care. I can't do anything about it.

:avs
O'Reilly-MacKinnon-McGinn
Landeskog-Stastny-Mitchell
McLeod-Cliche-Talbot
Bordeleau-Malone-Carey

Johnson-Hejda
Holden-Barrie
Guenin-Sarich

Varlamov
Someone

:cbj
Jenner-Johansen-Tropp
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Foligno-Anisimov-Comeau
MacKenzie-Letestu-Boll

Johnson-Prout
Tyutin-Wisniewski
Schultz-Savard

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

*Lineup taken from Columbus GDT

GO AVES!

Last edited:

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
I heard it was Sarich for Benoit? Is that true?

I'd like to put Guenin back with Barrie as its more balanced than Holden-Barrie plus i thought Nate was very strong against the Sharks.

Holden and Sarich can be the 3rd pairing. Allows Holden to roam a bit. Not ideal but this is the best we got.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I heard it was Sarich for Benoit? Is that true?

I'd like to put Guenin back with Barrie as its more balanced than Holden-Barrie plus i thought Nate was very strong against the Sharks.

Holden and Sarich can be the 3rd pairing. Allows Holden to roam a bit. Not ideal but this is the best we got.

That very well could be. I just copied the lineup from Columbus' GDT

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Going out for dinner with the wife's folks, so probably going to miss some of this one. May just hold out for the replay that comes on at 9pm

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yes, Benoit is the scratch. And if we are being picky Landy plays the left side. (I know that's not your fault, Avs).

I took up the vcash challenge, all 50 of it.

Roy made a surprise appearance on the radio today (posted in the media thread). Said some interesting things that should be discussed. One that he's not ruling Duchene out for the playoffs (but they have to be smart about it yada yada) and two that MacKinnon could definitely pull an O'Reilly and remain at RW for the future.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Anyone else wish that Talbot would be with Landy and Staz and have Mitchell center McLeod and Malone with the island of misfit toys as the 4th?

Huis Clos*

Cliche on the third line and the entire fourth line. Yeesh.

The team has enough depth to make the top six look decent through injuries, but the bottom six is pretty bad.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Going out for dinner with the wife's folks, so probably going to miss some of this one. May just hold out for the replay that comes on at 9pm

I misread this one...thought you mean going out with the wifes as in plural (though it should be wives)...so I read it as "Going out for dinner with the wives, folks" I checked if you were from Utah

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
They should just move up Talbot with Landeskog and Stastny and make Mitchell center the 3rd line... that would be much better.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Reading MacKinnon as the Avs first line center makes me feel like the future is here.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There is a very good chance that the lines will be juggled until Roy finds something that works. No use in picking them apart until Roy finds something that he feels comfortable throwing out there consistently.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Cliche and Malone as 3rd and 4th C's is not a pretty sight.

It's remarkable that a team with such amazing center depth loses one guy and then suddenly our 3rd and 4th line centers are awful.

member 116861

On the Avs homepage, the first page that pops up advertising the playoffs use to have Dutchy, Landy and MacK. Now it has Landy, MacK and Varly.

:(

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Really wish we'd traded for some offensive depth at the deadline. Sure would be nice to have someone else to fill in the top six and leave mitchell centering the third line.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Really wish we'd traded for some offensive depth at the deadline. Sure would be nice to have someone else to fill in the top six and leave mitchell centering the third line.

The team is currently missing three of it's starting top 6 forwards. The fact that they still have five capable top 6 forwards is impressive. I'm not too bothered by the fact that they added nobody.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The team is currently missing three of it's starting top 6 forwards. The fact that they still have five capable top 6 forwards is impressive. I'm not too bothered by the fact that they added nobody.

We were missing two at the deadline. Picking up a bit of insurance sure wouldn't have been out of line, especially at the prices people were paying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad