Rumor: Avs turn down Parenteau for Bourque deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I can't believe they refused Bourque-Parenteau straight up .... I would give Bourque & Andrighetto for Parenteau without thinking twice. I understand Parenteau is another player who owns the same skillset as the rest of this team, but he's just a much more valuable player than Bourque.

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
According to TVA it was Bourque for McGinn but Colorado offered Parenteau and also to retain a portion of his salary (parenteau's)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Honest question since I really do not know: How credible is Louis Jean?

Our beat writer Adrian Dater is saying essentially there is no truth to this rumor at all.

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal

Our beat writer Adrian Dater is saying essentially there is no truth to this rumor at all.

He's been good over the years but recently went to TVA sports which is considered more tabloid style coverage

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
if indeed they offered to retain salary, it gets crazier. Time for a PR job RDS.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's getting worse... MB choosing McGuinn over PAP?

As if we are losing because we are missing another grinder...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The story is changing every hour = probably BS.

so far
1 on 1 straight up
1 on 1 with the Habs retaining some of Bourque salary
PAP for Bourque + Andrighetto
1 on 1 with Avs retaining some of PAP salary
Bourque for McGinn

I'd say, Bourque name never been mentionned :laugh:

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

Thanks for this info. I believe Dater is reliable so that makes everything related to this rumor even more ridiculous. Oh, that and the fact that it changes every hour or so. That's just BS at this point.

Aurel Joliat

May 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON, CA
so far
1 on 1 straight up
Bourque for McGinn

I believe the Louis jean's story.
RDS and their Andrighetto trade sounds BS. Bergevin just doesn't want Parenteau

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

McGinn is more than just a grinder and I bet most Avs fans would much rather trade PAP than McGinn.

I believe the Louis jean's story.
RDS and their Andrighetto trade sounds BS. Bergevin just doesn't want Parenteau

So you believe Louis Jean over Bob McKenzie, Renaud Lavoie, and Francois Gagnon? Interesting. All three of those guys said the Habs are/were interested in PAP.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
McGinn is more than just a grinder and I bet most Avs fans would much rather trade PAP than McGinn.

So you believe Louis Jean over Bob McKenzie, Renaud Lavoie, and Francois Gagnon? Interesting. All three of those guys said the Habs are/were interested in PAP.

At this point, its better to say ''there were some trade talks between two NHL teams and they fell through'' than to keep on speculating on a rumor that keeps changing every hour by the hour

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
so far
1 on 1 straight up
Bourque for McGinn

These are strange ones. You don't often see a team retaining salary when the cap hit difference is under $700,000.

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
Yes, actual cash savings are there, but doesn't the cap hit remain the same, regardless of if he's traded?

Yes the cap hit is the same in this case, but I think that's what made Bergevin not want to do it if it was 1 for 1. It's a side ways move, that's going to cost his boss lots of money.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site

I actually think McGinn is a better fit than Parenteau. :dunno:

The Habs aren't losing for lack of skill. I think it's more of the same we've seen over the years. They're not a hard team to play against at ES. The Habs are pretty vulnerable without a top 5 PP and opportunistic scoring.

Skill is good. Skill without grit can be better. Grit with skill is better.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yes the cap hit is the same in this case, but I think that's what made Bergevin not want to do it if it was 1 for 1. It's a side ways move, that's going to cost his boss lots of money.

If it makes the Habs a better team than it will make his boss money.

The Habs should be spending to the cap every single year if the right players are available.

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal

The Habs should be spending to the cap every single year if the right players are available.

They are spending to the cap. Parenteau's numbers are just not there to justify paying 3 millions over budget in this case IMO it's a sideways move

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

You clearly aren't following. It was shown time and again that cap space is an extremely valuable asset by istelf and we should strive to get more and more cap space.

Heck, even team Canada should have used a few bottom liners so that its cap is not too high.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad