Rumor: Avs turn down Parenteau for Bourque deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Right. And they took Andrighetto later on. They took Reway in the 4th, another smurfs. I am pretty sure Crisp would had still been available in the 4th, and Duclair should had been taken in the 3rd. How many pure goal scorers do the Habs have in their system ?

Andrighetto, Collberg and Lehkonen are the scorers in the system. Hudon is more a playmaking type.

Duclair is -not- a pure goal scorer.

habitue*

Andrighetto, Collberg and Lehkonen are the scorers in the system. Hudon is more a playmaking type.

Duclair is -not- a pure goal scorer.

Duclair is taller than all of them and has as many goals than Mantha in the Q this year. (and he is 3rd or 4th in the whole CHL)...

Collberg, a pure goal scorer... WOW... Another Christian Thomas, no more.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Wow - hard to believe there are still people complaining about this draft. It may go down as one of the pivotal drafts in franchise history. I think we'll look back in five years and consider this draft to be a turning point.

The club wanted Crisp..didn't want to take the chance that someone else took him..you don't wait if he's the guy you want. Nobody knows when Crisp would have been drafted if he wasn't picked by the Habs, so it's pure speculation contending that he'd have been there in the fourth. If that had been the case..then the Habs don't get Reway either don't forget.

Montreal wouldn't have drafted Duclair in the 6th round. Lots of things many scouts did not like about him....believe me Duclair was not ignored by the Habs, but he had lots of issues last season, and was very mediocre late and in the playoffs...not competing, a one trick pony with his moves, chicken bleep, a gong show defensively, bad character in the dressing room and off the ice. The team wanted no part of him, and they weren't alone in that assessment. It's why he dropped to the fourth round.

The club went into this past draft wanting to add big, physical forwards mixed in with competitive skilled guys, and a goalie. I believe they succeeded.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Duclair is taller than all of them and has as many goals than Mantha in the Q this year. (and he is 3rd or 4th in the whole CHL)...

Thomas had 54 goals in 66 games in the ohl one year two. And Collberg and Lehkonen are basically the same height as Duclair. Not to mention I would rather have both of them over Duclair who last year had alleged attitude problems.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010

Impressive that you already know how good Collberg and Thomas will be....not even pro scouts are that talented.

Who cares how tall Duclair is? He's a rake who wouldn't break an egg if he carried them around his his pocket. Watch some games instead of looking at his goal totals and thinking that makes him a bloody star. There have been hundreds of Q league kids have high goal totals who never made it in the NHL..don't go assuming he's some kind of a terrific pro prospect all of a sudden.

As for being so certain Duclair will be a better goal scorer at the NHL level than Collberg....where was this scoring star earlier this month when the world juniors were on?

Duclair was not even an afterthought for the Canadian team..why would that be? He's a pure sniper you claim..surely that trumps all?

I suggest you go study his game for awhile..then predict how that would look against grown men with 30 more pounds of muscle and just as much if not more skill who compete a lot harder, and get back to us.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Wow - hard to believe there are still people complaining about this draft. It may go down as one of the pivotal drafts in franchise history. I think we'll look back in five years and consider this draft to be a turning point.

The club wanted Crisp..didn't want to take the chance that someone else took him..you don't wait if he's the guy you want. Nobody knows when Crisp would have been drafted if he wasn't picked by the Habs, so it's pure speculation contending that he'd have been there in the fourth. If that had been the case..then the Habs don't get Reway either don't forget.

Well, tossing aside what we don't know (where Crisp would have gone otherwise), what we do know is where he was ranked (or not) by the various scouting agencies. But getting to Reway specifically, if it ended up playing out that the Habs "reach" for Reway in the 3rd instead, and still "reach" for Crisp in the 4th, there's probably less resistance to either pick than there is to taking "a guy like" Crisp as high as the 3rd.

Montreal wouldn't have drafted Duclair in the 6th round. Lots of things many scouts did not like about him....believe me Duclair was not ignored by the Habs, but he had lots of issues last season, and was very mediocre late and in the playoffs...not competing, a one trick pony with his moves, chicken bleep, a gong show defensively, bad character in the dressing room and off the ice. The team wanted no part of him, and they weren't alone in that assessment. It's why he dropped to the fourth round.

I guess so. No problem deferring to everyone who is closer to the situation when it comes to all of that stuff. Seems weird that he was given an "A" on his jersey this year, if all that stuff is to be taken as badly as it obviously was. Is it possible that, regardless of probable cause, some red flags get risen just a bit too high, too quickly? We'll see. Anyone with experience will tell you that dealing with teenagers is incredibly tough.

The club went into this past draft wanting to add big, physical forwards mixed in with competitive skilled guys, and a goalie. I believe they succeeded.

Mission accomplished with McCarron and de la Rose as far as the beefcake is concerned. After Fucale, the only things left on your list there were (and still could have been) addressed with Lehkonen, Andrighetto, and Reway (all pretty specifically "competitive skill guys").

Not to "complain" about picking Crisp (although I'd be more inclined to do so than rave about it), but if we're back around to "calling it what it is", it was a reach. A reach that I expect hindsight will almost certainly highlight as a poor decision given the available options (Duclair just one possibility).

Even right now, while they remain assets in junior, and before integrating them into the organization is even a concern, who gets you the better player in a trade: Crisp or Duclair? How about Reway, even? If someone submitted the opinion that having Duclair (or Reway) instead of Crisp represented extra "value" in Bergevin's pocket right now, I certainly wouldn't argue against them. But despite the characters I might put into a reply or two, I wouldn't consider it too big of a deal either way, lol.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
At some point you have to take a chance on RED FLAGS. Subban was one.

Subban never had red flags, he was raw defensively, but that's different than a red flag, hich is usually a Bourque or SK type. Guys that have poor work ethic, weak character or are trouble off the ice are red flags, PK has none of those 3.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Dave Morrissette just repeated live on LCN that it was straight up and that MB declined.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Dave Morrissette just repeated live on LCN that it was straight up and that MB declined.

I can't say I'm surprised to see him back up his co-worker's claim that has been vastly denied by various sources.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Not defending, just relaying info. And now it gets worse: MB asked Col to add according tto Jean.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I wanted to waive Bourque. So if we could get Parenteau for him, you take it and run. I don't think Parenteau is the type of player we should be aiming for but you know it's like getting a decent player for free. You could trade DD for a D and waive Briere afterwards

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't think Bergevin is that good at talent analysis but I highly doubt he's dumb enough to ask to add to PAP for Bourque. Reject the deal straight up? Probably.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
That tweet is :facepalm: worthy.

Growing up in Qc, I never understood the obsession with francos in Mtl. Pisses me off when RDS spends more time featuring Quebec-born players of opposing teams over our own players.

Nords had Stastny as C when the team was full of Quebecers. Dale Hunter was loved and didn't speak a word of french. Crawford barely spoke any french when he was named coach. Nobody cared in Qc. Mtl-different story.

Sorry, just venting. Don't mean to start another discussion about the next coach. ;)

It's a fake perception perpetuated by RDS. People don't want Quebecers with the Habs, they want Great Quebecers playing for the Habs. Nobody gave two ***** about Joey Juneau or Marc Bureau or Mathieu Darche. People wants to see french stars and it goes back to the romantic notion of the past Habs glory days when they had Rocket, Beliveau and Lafleur.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Please hire Gaston Therrien as GM and Michel Bergeron as Assistant Manager. Put Youppi as Head Coach and people may start to respect us.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
They had plenty of space in 2012, MB just didn't like him enough to give him what the Avs were offering.

Without Gomez's buyout they would have been over the cap just with small signings like Prust Armstrong and Bouillon. The buyouts are the only thing that got us under the cap with 22-23 players.

PunkinDrublic*

It's a fake perception perpetuated by RDS. People don't want Quebecers with the Habs, they want Great Quebecers playing for the Habs. Nobody gave two ***** about Joey Juneau or Marc Bureau or Mathieu Darche. People wants to see french stars and it goes back to the romantic notion of the past Habs glory days when they had Rocket, Beliveau and Lafleur.

Great post !!! Perfect description of the typical Quebecer Habs fan.

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 22 s

Salaire de Bourque et Parenteau ont penché dans la balance. Plusieurs équipes se sont informées au sujet de P-A Parenteau ajd. 2/2

Détails
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 56 s

Selon sources, le #CH a bel et bien refusé la transaction Bourque-Parenteau. Mtl a demandé pour Jamie McGinn. 1/2

so mtrl ask for Jamie McGinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad