Confirmed with Link: Avs trade Conditional '25 1st + Ryan Johansen to Philly for Sean Walker + '26 5th

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006
Is iRacing worth it? I've wanted to get into it for a couple years now but would need to buy a PC at this point as my old one is very outdated now. But honestly as a racing fan my entire life I feel it might be worthwhile
iRacing is for the online side of things. I only really care about racing online and having some sort of structure or career path there. Other sims do some things better than iRacing, but iRacing f***ing nails the online side of things. It's also quite expensive, you got the 120$ a year subscription, then the cars and tracks cost extra too.

If you have the equipment it's definitely worth a try. Getting through rookies throwing around the Mazda MX5s is some of my favourite memories in online gaming.

• Love
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Feck, I just saw that Avs traded the 2025 pick, instead of 2024. Not sure I like that, 2025 is looking to be a better year from what I've seen personally. If Avs don't trade the 2024 1st, it seems that there are quite a few players Avs might like this year (which is still a solid draft in its own right, but not a high ceiling for most players, more of a safer type of draft).

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
iRacing is for the online side of things. I only really care about racing online and having some sort of structure or career path there. Other sims do some things better than iRacing, but iRacing f***ing nails the online side of things. It's also quite expensive, you got the 120$ a year subscription, then the cars and tracks cost extra too.

If you have the equipment it's definitely worth a try. Getting through rookies throwing around the Mazda MX5s is some of my favourite memories in online gaming.

Yeah, I've been a racing fan my entire life. To the point where 14 year old me was running online Nascar leagues in the EA Nascar 09 games on Xbox. Online has always been the most fun to me as well.

I was actually looking at the required specs for a setup on IRacing just a couple nights ago and it looked like you could build a decent middle of the road PC for like $1500. But I think I'd probably just invest in something more top of the line at that point as well.

Reactions: Qurpiz

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006
Yeah, I've been a racing fan my entire life. To the point where 14 year old me was running online Nascar leagues in the EA Nascar 09 games on Xbox. Online has always been the most fun to me as well.

I was actually looking at the required specs for a setup on IRacing just a couple nights ago and it looked like you could build a decent middle of the road PC for like $1500. But I think I'd probably just invest in something more top of the line at that point as well.
You also need the wheels and pedals and such, I think I'm down around 1500$ for the wheel base, the rims (formula-style and road-car style), pedals with load-cell brakes and the H-shifter.

None of this has anything to do with the thread so apologizes to mods.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
A great trade by Colorado that is more of a pleasant surprise than a shock.

We'd heard the Avalanche linked to Walker, and they had been scouting Philly. We know how much the team loves adding defensemen, but this is a rare time when Colorado has actually been able to add one of the "big" deadline names.

MacFarland rights a wrong by getting rid of Johansen, and for the first time in many years gives the Avalanche a defense with (3) right handed regulars. To reiterate, great trade.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
A true test of video editing for that person, maybe they can play it in slow-mo to make is as long as normal tribute videos. And maybe some won't even notice it's in slow-mo.
There's some good stuff there... floating on a backcheck. Breaking a stick and just standing. Losing a PK draw and scrambling for his life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad