Proposal: Avs - Tampa

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
To Avs: Sergachev and Johnson

To Tampa: Byram and Jost

If Bolts can’t sign Sergachev due to cap problems they get Byram who helps out and is a top tier prospect and Avs take Johnson’s contract and bolts get a useful player in Jost. Not sure if cap works out but could be a good base for a trade.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

If Bolts can’t sign Sergachev due to cap problems they get Byram who helps out and is a top tier prospect and Avs take Johnson’s contract and bolts get a useful player in Jost. Not sure if cap works out but could be a good base for a trade.
Tampa says Heck Yeah, Colorado says Heck No.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Forget the value. The Avs can't even come close to affording this.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

In a vacuum its actually a fair offer.

Sergachev >> Byram but adding TJ lowers Serge's value to Byram's.
Jost adds nothing to the equation. Take him out.

But can the Avs take on that caphit and still address Makar/Mackinnon's next contracts?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Imagine thinking there was a trade that is realistic at this point where Colorado doesn't win it in one sided fashion.

Given Sakics history it would be something more like Cernak for Jost lmao (This is purposely silly)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
No thanks from Colorado. Byram on an ELC for 3 years is gold-worthy for a contender.

If you want to make a trade between Avs and Tampa a move that would make sense would be something around Cernak and Timmins.

Reactions: milehigh11

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No thanks from Colorado. Byram on an ELC for 3 years is gold-worthy for a contender.

If you want to make a trade between Avs and Tampa a move that would make sense would be something around Cernak and Timmins.

Do you really think Timmins has that kind of value given his recent and past concussion injury history? I don't see any GMs touching him until he proves he can play a full season without any concussion concerns.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017

Timmins and 1st 2021 for Cernak and Gourde

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Do you really think Timmins has that kind of value given his recent and past concussion injury history? I don't see any GMs touching him until he proves he can play a full season without any concussion concerns.
The alternative would be for us to OS Cernak and give Tampa a 2nd in compensation. I'm sure they'd prefer Timmins instead of a 2nd.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Timmins and 1st 2021 for Cernak and Gourde
That would be a nice trade in theory, but I don't think it would work cap-wise unless we shipped someone else out. It's also a pretty hefty price to pay considering Tampa's situation, especially with Gourde involved - unless there's some retention.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The alternative would be for us to OS Cernak and give Tampa a 2nd in compensation. I'm sure they'd prefer Timmins instead of a 2nd.
I'm sure they would turn down a potential concussion risk in Timmins. No one's touching him until he's back on the ice and played a season without any issues.

If Sakic had balls, he would offersheet Cernak (if that's who he wants). Its an obvious move and one that is well timed given TJ's waiver clear. Dangling Timmins is kinda pointless given his recent and past issues.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I'm sure they would turn down a potential concussion risk in Timmins. No one's touching him until he's back on the ice and played a season without any issues.

If Sakic had balls, he would offersheet Cernak (if that's who he wants). Its an obvious move and one that is well timed given TJ's waiver clear. Dangling Timmins is kinda pointless given his recent and past issues.
I agree. OS'ing Cernak at around $4m would be ruthless. Tampa are still struggling to make their necessary move(s), and to hit them with a Cernak contract likely about $1-1.5m over what they're able to pay would be very cutthroat.

I would think that it would be far more likely for Sakic to only politely threaten an OS though, and then try to work out a trade instead.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
That would be a nice trade in theory, but I don't think it would work cap-wise unless we shipped someone else out. It's also a pretty hefty price to pay considering Tampa's situation, especially with Gourde involved - unless there's some retention.

To add to my point - Sakic would be smart to offsersheet Cernak now rather than try to organize a trade. Obviously if the Avs offered Timmins, it would be rejected. If Sakic "threatened" an offersheet, i am sure Brisebois would investigate a trade with any other team not named Avs and woudl get a lot better value than a 2nd. To mitigate, Sakic should hit him hard now. This is a business.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I agree. OS'ing Cernak at around $4m would be ruthless. Tampa are still struggling to make their necessary move(s), and to hit them with a Cernak contract likely about $1-1.5m over what they're able to pay would be very cutthroat.

I would think that it would be far more likely for Sakic to only politely threaten an OS though, and then try to work out a trade instead.

Threatening an offersheet is the worst thing he can do. Don't warn them - just do it. TB isn't accepting a low ball offer for Cernak. They would simply call the other 30 gms and ask for their best price. You lose the element of surprise when you warn or threaten TB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad