Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Josh Dickinson to ELC

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
He has some skill to his game. How much is always a question. Contrary to what you'd think by his numbers, he is more of a playmaker than a goal scorer. A number of his goals were in close rebounds on the PP, so don't take that total or shot percentage as a true gauge of what his shot is like (it is pretty solid, but not amazing either). He was used as Clarkson's 2nd line center and was tasked as the matchup guy after he got his feet wet. This is a solid add to the prospect pool.
How is his skating and physical play?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
How is his skating and physical play?

Smooth... not a burner or fast by any stretch, but a good stride with good balance and edge work. Not a real physical player, but uses his body well for positioning and puck protection.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He sounds like JCB

They have some similar traits, but they are significantly different too. Not that Beaudin is soft, but he is softer than Dickinson... Beaudin is better skater. Beaudin makes more of his living in space and along the perimeter. Dickinson is more of an in-tight and garbage area player.

Reactions: cgf

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They have some similar traits, but they are significantly different too. Not that Beaudin is soft, but he is softer than Dickinson... Beaudin is better skater. Beaudin makes more of his living in space and along the perimeter. Dickinson is more of an in-tight and garbage area player.

He sounds more like Bowers-light to me.

I've seen JCB more than Bowers so I'll take your word for it.

Thanks for the clarification @henchman24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad