Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Jonathan Drouin (1 year, 825k)

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Rantanen won’t hit the market. There’s no chance.

Also, the feeling in here is that the return for Rantanen will have to be picks and prospects. So basically a bunch of lottery tickets for a top 10 player in the league. I will pass thanks.

Guys like Girard, Manson and Georgiev will go before Rantanen.

This is a complex dialogue. Why do you ALWAYS have to oversimplify it? I've already illustrated - and @Balthazar reiterated - that if Landy comes back, you are replacing a $13M Mikko with a $7M Landy, but 100% of the cap which you - JH21 - attribute to Mikko can go to upgrade peripheral players. I understand that you are a 'star' guy and not a 'depth' guy. That is a 100% legitimate perspective. But stop saying stupid things like there is 'no chance.' This is a business; there is ALWAYS a chance that a player gets traded. The Mets traded Tom Seaver to Cincinnati. The Oilers traded Gretzky to LA. There is no such thing as 'no chance' yet you seem to want to die on that hill. And if you have not picked up on it, nobody in this forum gives a rat's ass about what you will pass on.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
This is a complex dialogue. Why do you ALWAYS have to oversimplify it? I've already illustrated - and @Balthazar reiterated - that if Landy comes back, you are replacing a $13M Mikko with a $7M Landy, but 100% of the cap which you - JH21 - attribute to Mikko can go to upgrade peripheral players. I understand that you are a 'star' guy and not a 'depth' guy. That is a 100% legitimate perspective. But stop saying stupid things like there is 'no chance.' This is a business; there is ALWAYS a chance that a player gets traded. The Mets traded Tom Seaver to Cincinnati. The Oilers traded Gretzky to LA. There is no such thing as 'no chance' yet you seem to want to die on that hill. And if you have not picked up on it, nobody in this forum gives a rat's ass about what you will pass on.
Hell, the Mets traded Nolan F'in Ryan before they understood how good a pitcher he was!

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
If you trade Rants you basically swap him for Landy so there's no need for immediate help in return. High draft picks and/or high end prospects would do.

The current team cannot afford Landeskog but he's still coming back.
We have no idea if landeskog can come back.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
We have no idea if landeskog can come back.
The only way he doesn’t come back sometime next season is if we go deep enough this year for him to play and it becomes clear at that point the surgery wasn’t successful enough to make a full time return.

If we don’t see him these playoffs then short of a major setback, we will see him next season. Whether we see 20% Landy where the contract effectively shuts the window or 80% Landy (they could sure use that guy) is the question

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad