Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Jarome Iginla (3 years, $16M)

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Is it only a month ago some people on here were speculating that we wouldn't even find a team willing to take him if we decided to trade him? Things change fast.

Iggy has been fantastic for us. All season.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Is it only a month ago some people on here were speculating that we wouldn't even find a team willing to take him if we decided to trade him? Things change fast.

No he hasnt.

He was pretty awful at the beginning of the season, despite any numbers he may have had. He was slow, soft, losing puck battles and making bad passes.

Lately hes been better in most areas though. Not perfect mind you, but at his age i am pleased with his CURRENT play. Still has poor coverage in his own zone.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Loved the signing in the summer and still feel the same way. He should have been with Duchene all along though.

member 116861

No he hasnt.

He was pretty awful at the beginning of the season, despite any numbers he may have had. He was slow, soft, losing puck battles and making bad passes.

Lately hes been better in most areas though. Not perfect mind you, but at his age i am pleased with his CURRENT play. Still has poor coverage in his own zone.

Agree 100% with this post.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
No he hasnt.

If the goals had come in the beginning instead of now, people would have been saying the opposite.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No he hasnt.

I think he always works hard on the backcheck to come back and clog the neutral zone. That's one of the biggest requirements Patty has of his forwards. I don't expect him to be a great defensive zone player as a winger, as long as he's scoring. He's also been paying the price lately to block shots.

The one area that I have had issues with him this year though, is his battles to get the puck out of the zone at the blueline when they're in trouble. He thinks offense far too often, and tries to be a bit too cute, instead of just getting it out. He's been better at it lately though, I haven't noticed it much.

Lord Moriarty007

Lets go Avs & Bolts!
May 1, 2013
Denver, CO/Orlando,FL
He had a bumping first half of the season. But now he is goring to the net and doing what he does best. He has heart and he will be a great leader for this team. I enjoying him a lot this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad