Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Alex Newhook to ELC

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Does this rule out a trade for a 3C? If a C is injured the easiest thing to do is to throw Newhook in.

Makes sense why rumours from Friedman recently were that Avs were looking at a Coleman type forward, rather than a 3C.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Does this rule out a trade for a 3C? If a C is injured the easiest thing to do is to throw Newhook in.

Makes sense why rumours from Friedman recently were that Avs were looking at a Coleman type forward, rather than a 3C.
Guess we'll find out. I assume the emergence of Jost and JTC finally figuring it out at wing might have something to do with that too.

Would still rather see an upgrade on Jost, like a Danault or a Faksa type, but hard to argue about breaking up that line right now.

Reactions: Richard88

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
I said that right now it's hard to find where he would slot into a healthy lineup because our top 6 is set, and the 3rd line is doing excellently. Bellemare plays a niche role so the only clear place for him right now is 4LW at the expense of two of Calvert/Compher/LOC. If Jost falters though, try Newhook at 3C.

I actually meant from another source - not this board - but looks like you more or less agree with what I heard.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Their official steaming package is actually pretty affordable. I'm sure Ranta will join them soon and the Eagles will be must watch hockey for Avs fans.
Yes, but where does one get an AHL streaming package? As you can tell I haven't watched much AHL hockey, but the next month would be fun to watch obviously.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Hope they don't get too much in a hurry and try and bring him on this year.

Have him play the maximum amount of NHL they can do and no more, no matter what, this year.

Don't burn that ELC.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I actually meant from another source - not this board - but looks like you more or less agree with what I heard.
It might have been AJ Haefele on a recent DNVR podcast talking about prospects. I think he mentioned exactly what I just said.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019

Have him play the maximum amount of NHL they can do and no more, no matter what, this year.

Don't burn that ELC.
Doesn't he already burn a year of the ELC?

Also, does anyone know if he has any bonuses?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Don't burn that ELC.
I can only imagine two scenarios where they would burn his ELC.

-he plays so well that he’s impossible to take out of the lineup.

-we are decimated by injuries.

there’s a chance that either scenario could happen

EDIT: apparently his first year of his ELC is already burned? Can someone explain that

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Guess we'll find out. I assume the emergence of Jost and JTC finally figuring it out at wing might have something to do with that too.

Would still rather see an upgrade on Jost, like a Danault or a Faksa type, but hard to argue about breaking up that line right now.
Getzlaf or nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad