Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Alex Beaucage to a three-year ELC

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
In the rookie tournament, he legitimately couldn't skate with the puck because his stride is slow, but even worse his acceleration is terrible. I haven't really been paying attention to him since so I can't say if its improved since or not. With that said, he will need a shifty centre who will be able to retrieve pucks for him and set up him for his shot because it is already at an NHL level and can absolutely beat NHL goalers.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
4th liner with a booming shot, then? Can't all be 1st liners and can be trade bait down the line.
Have him hook onto Mack to pull him up the ice.....
I have to do the thinking for all of ya.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Unless he somehow turns into a below average skater, Bedsy will never use him. He's like a cargo ship out there.

davalanche96

Jul 15, 2005
Canada
When Luc Robitaille was in Junior, no NHL team want draft him because he was to slow but look now Robitaille is One of the best winger has played professionnel.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
In the rookie tournament, he legitimately couldn't skate with the puck because his stride is slow, but even worse his acceleration is terrible. I haven't really been paying attention to him since so I can't say if its improved since or not. With that said, he will need a shifty centre who will be able to retrieve pucks for him and set up him for his shot because it is already at an NHL level and can absolutely beat NHL goalers.

Perfect fit with Foudy!

Reactions: S E P H

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think Maroon is a significantly better skater.

I'm not entirely sure today... Maroon at the same age, he was better. IMO Maroon might be the single worst skater in the NHL today. He looks like he's doing beach sprints out there. :laugh:

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
Even if he’s not an option for the Avs at the NHL level...he is still a very good asset. Even if it’s only as a trade sweetener.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
One of my favorite prospect, I don’t know why but I can see him making the NHL, even with the Avs, and have success

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
That kinda skating just don't jive with the Avs. If Beaucage plays a heavy game like Maroon then that's fine but not sure he does. Hope he can fix it

Ya even our 4th line enforcer LOB was not an awful skater. Definitely want him to improve it to a level where we can use him.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I would think the Avs' coaching staff would focus on improving his skating. It's obviously a shortcoming. If O'Reilly, Jost, etc. can overcome skating issues then this kid can.

Ya I think the Avs might feel his work ethic is good enough that over time the skating issues will improve with elite coaching.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Interesting that he outperformed his 51% xG by so much (93% goals). Are those numbers repeatable for him or did he just get lucky, as indicated by a 20% shot %?

Also those zone entry stats look pretty good considering that he skates poorly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad