Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Alex Beaucage to a three-year ELC

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm no expert on skating stride and technique, but he is awfully slow on the ice. You can see it even at the junior level that he kind of moves in slow motion relative to everyone else. That said, he gets to where he needs to get offensively and his shot has such a quick release that he doesn't need a lot of room to get it off.

How he will do in Bednar system that emphasizes hard core backchecking is up in the air, though. I can see him having trouble catching up to the play going up and down the ice in the NHL.

His shot is insane though, I like the pick and the ELC just based on that. It's hard, accurate, and leaves his stick fast. If he makes the NHL, it will be based on that absolutely nasty release he can unleash.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm no expert on skating stride and technique, but he is awfully slow on the ice. You can see it even at the junior level that he kind of moves in slow motion relative to everyone else. That said, he gets to where he needs to get offensively and his shot has such a quick release that he doesn't need a lot of room to get it off.

How he will do in Bednar system that emphasizes hard core backchecking is up in the air, though. I can see him having trouble catching up to the play going up and down the ice in the NHL.

His shot is insane though, I like the pick and the ELC just based on that. It's hard, accurate, and leaves his stick fast. If he makes the NHL, it will be based on that absolutely nasty release he can unleash.
Having a guy in the AHL who can put the puck in the net for the other prospects to work with isn’t a bad thing.

Reactions: MarkT

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Is he the big guy with a good shot and poor skating or the big guy with poor skating but a good shot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad