Recalled/Assigned: Avs Recall Anton Lindholm

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Is there a concern with him going back to Europe next year?? If there is a concern that he will leave it makes sense to get the longest look at him that you can

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The NHL only allows 4 regular call-ups after the trade deadline (not counting Emergency Call-ups). The Avs paper'd Jeremy Smith on 3/1 (send down and recalled) and have recalled Compher and Lindholm. So they have 1 recall remaining (two, if for some reason the Smith one doesn't count). We may not see Bigras up this season, and from all accounts, Lindholm's play has actually earned him this opportunity.

They may not call him up but I'd be surprised if they eliminated that option by using all their callups.

Remember there's no roster limit the rest of the way either. I don't think they're worried about sitting guys like Goloubef or Wiercioch the rest of the year if they need to. Barberio too probably though I think they like him a little more than the other two.

I think they could wait until the final ten games or something and then keep him the rest of the way. Or maybe Greer depending on how many callups they have and how Bigras looks. Greer had his look already this season though so there's no rush.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
What would be the reason for them "papering" Smith?

I have no idea, but if you look at the AHL Transactions page for San Antonio, they definitely re-assigned and then re-called him on 3/1

So we're only allowed two more callups, right?

Four after the trade deadline and this is the second (Compher)

Unless the Smith re-assignment/re-call doesn't count towards the 4 they're allowed (and to this point, I'm not sure why it wouldn't), then they only have 1 more left, not counting Emergency Call-ups.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I have no idea, but if you look at the AHL Transactions page for San Antonio, they definitely re-assigned and then re-called him on 3/1

Unless the Smith re-assignment/re-call doesn't count towards the 4 they're allowed (and to this point, I'm not sure why it wouldn't), then they only have 1 more left, not counting Emergency Call-ups.

God I hate this hockey team.

I am going to believe that they did it so it wouldn't count as one of their 4. Just because I have to. I have to tell myself that.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Likely means he draws in for Goloubef. I'd personally rather see Golo and Toots scratched than Wier and Golo. Toots' effort has been gone for some time now.

Disagree. I just think the rigours of a full season are catching up to him, but he's still better than Wiercioch in every aspect and that's sad to say.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I am not the biggest Bigras fan, but I don't share the same thoughts. Granted he's played for a month or two now, but he did miss almost up to a month due to a concussion earlier on.

Let the kid play major minutes down there. I do like Lindholm, but he's only going to get like 13 minutes a game or something. Posters here would lose their minds if Avs called up Bigras and only played him that little.

As well as Greer, Henley, Martin, and Grimaldi.

I agree with keeping Bigras in the minors, injuries missed nearly 50% of this season. He lready played 31 games last year in the NHL and there is no need at this lost season to give him more games. He needs to play and 10-15 mins is not enough.

Preferably, I would have chosen Siemens. He played the entire SA season, accumulated toughness with a nasty 73 minutes in penalties. RFA after this year, increased exposure helps his trade value or readiness to play a role in rebuilding their D. Why keep him in the minors if he has no chance to play in the NHL?

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
I agree with keeping Bigras in the minors, injuries missed nearly 50% of this season. He lready played 31 games last year in the NHL and there is no need at this lost season to give him more games. He needs to play and 10-15 mins is not enough.

Preferably, I would have chosen Siemens. He played the entire SA season, accumulated toughness with a nasty 73 minutes in penalties. RFA after this year, increased exposure helps his trade value or readiness to play a role in rebuilding their D. Why keep him in the minors if he has no chance to play in the NHL?

I don't think Siemens has any trade value. He'll likely go unqualified and sign in europe. Or sign a two way deal with another team next year and be cut first day of training camp.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
[snip]I don't believe that Linholm deserves the callup over some other defensemen in SA.

Bigras & Boikov both look much more likely to become NHLers; and Siemens is the better defender at this point, if they wanted to let the guys who might have a future continue to develop at their current level, although he handles the puck much worse; so I'd have to agree.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad