Recalled/Assigned: Avs Recall Anton Lindholm

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Joke all you want but Lindholm getting the call before Bigras doesn't make me feel too good.

Good for Lindholm getting this opportunity though.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Joke all you want but Lindholm getting the call before Bigras doesn't make me feel too good.

Yeah, it is hard not to read to much into the move and its possible meaning for Bigras.

I've watched some Rampage games lately and I don't believe that Linholm deserves the callup over some other defensemen in SA. I

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Pleasantly surprised actually. I know peeps wanted Bigras. He'll get here eventually im sure, but if we can give
someone else a look, why not, you never know he might be good.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
At least they're starting to call up the kids. I know it's not who everyone wants but at least it's happening and they aren't going to just let the scrubs play.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Doesn't Lindholm's callup prove that the issue is Bigras this year, not their reluctance to call up the kids? They're the same age and Lindholm's in his first NA pro season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Isnt Bigras coming back from injury? maybe they plan on it once he's "up to speed"

I would bet there's a good chance of that. Probably waiting for him to look 100% and string together a few solid games.

This seems to be the Avs MO, especially if they're out of the playoffs. They give at least a half season of stability in the minors for the youngsters (especially the first year pro's) and then call them up for a look later in the 2nd half.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Isnt Bigras coming back from injury? maybe they plan on it once he's "up to speed"

I would bet there's a good chance of that. Probably waiting for him to look 100% and string together a few solid games.

This seems to be the Avs MO, especially if they're out of the playoffs. They give at least a half season of stability in the minors for the youngsters (especially the first year pro's) and then call them up for a look later in the 2nd half.

The NHL only allows 4 regular call-ups after the trade deadline (not counting Emergency Call-ups). The Avs paper'd Jeremy Smith on 3/1 (send down and recalled) and have recalled Compher and Lindholm. So they have 1 recall remaining (two, if for some reason the Smith one doesn't count). We may not see Bigras up this season, and from all accounts, Lindholm's play has actually earned him this opportunity.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The NHL only allows 4 regular call-ups after the trade deadline (not counting Emergency Call-ups). The Avs paper'd Jeremy Smith on 3/1 (send down and recalled) and have recalled Compher and Lindholm. So they have 1 recall remaining (two, if for some reason the Smith one doesn't count). We may not see Bigras up this season, and from all accounts, Lindholm's play has actually earned him this opportunity.

What would be the reason for them "papering" Smith?

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
So we're only allowed two more callups, right?

Four after the trade deadline and this is the second (Compher)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Puzzling move. I like Lindholm and I'm not opposed to seeing him get a taste of the NHL, but it seems like he's not one of the first guys you would want to spend a callup on. Especially with Greer and Bigras down there still.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I liked Lindholm in preseason. He got better each game. Not sure there's a very high ceiling there but a smart player.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Avs promised this to get him to NA.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I am not the biggest Bigras fan, but I don't share the same thoughts. Granted he's played for a month or two now, but he did miss almost up to a month due to a concussion earlier on.

Let the kid play major minutes down there. I do like Lindholm, but he's only going to get like 13 minutes a game or something. Posters here would lose their minds if Avs called up Bigras and only played him that little.

They have recalled a plural number of "the kids"--Compher and Lindholm, or does Compher no longer count?
As well as Greer, Henley, Martin, and Grimaldi.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I liked Lindholm in preseason. He got better each game. Not sure there's a very high ceiling there but a smart player.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Avs promised this to get him to NA.

That's about the same way I view him. Stay at home bottom pair guys have value too, the Avs have been without any kind of stability down there for years, just playing AHLers and scrubs. I think having a bottom pair that we can trust further than we can throw them will go a long way towards fixing this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad