Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Ryan Graves 3-year deal - $3.16M AAV

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Better than expected on Nuke and Burkie (likely due to term), but this is worse than expected by more than he saved on those two.

That said, this should make Graves a pretty good Seattle candidate if he has a solid season next year.

Reactions: Balthazar

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
upload_2020-10-12_14-54-59.png

Psycho Mantis

Jul 29, 2020
Meh. About what I expected. Wish the term was shorter. But maybe he proves us all wrong and becomes a consistent top 4 guy. Alright, Gravy. Let’s see you prove it.

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016
I think this is an okay contract, but the player is just not a great fit considering we want to win the cup this season. Needs to improve, especially on the PK. Maybe it will be fine for the regular season and we will see a trade deadline upgrade.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Better than expected on Nuke and Burkie (likely due to term), but this is worse than expected by more than he saved on those two.

That said, this should make Graves a pretty good Seattle candidate if he has a solid season next year.
This is the only positive of this contract. Lets hope Makar is able to carry the Gravy Train straight to Seattle.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
If he can improve on this season, this will be a good deal. Hope he proves us wrong.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He was on pace for over 30 points and 10 goals as a rookie defenseman playing top pairing minutes and in doing so lead the league in +/- which as dumb a stat as it is, actually matters. Are people really surprised by this number?

I feel like this would have been his AAV on a one year arbitration awarding. I think it’s actually quite solid that we got 3 years at this AAV even though I’m definitely not a big fan of Graves.

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
I am ok with the AAV but would have been safer with a year less term. That said, Graves is probably the anti-Zadorov. Bednar likes him a lot and gives him ample opportunity so he has a good chance to succeed. I would rather see him on the second pairing where this contract would look appropriate. Someone has to push him off that top pair though.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don’t like it. Not the end of the world but unwarranted. Hopefully he plays well enough to be tradeable if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad