Confirmed with Link: 2019 Off-Season: re-sign F Colin Wilson ($2.6m AAV x 1y)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Great news, he's the perfect utility forward who can slot anywhere in the lineup. Still need a second line though...

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Glad he is back as well. Good news is our bottom-6 is more of the 3rd line kind instead of a combination of 3rd-4th liners. Very good bottom-6 IMO.

Reactions: Mac Attack

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Where does Kerfoot fit? There’s just too many bodies up front to me. I am naive, but I hope they try a move for a #2C.

Far as I can see, Nieto is the extra body. That's a quality 13th forward in the final year of his deal. Unless he grouses about it (and he might) he should be the Gork going into this upcoming season.

Kerfoot fits wherever they can fit him. I think he'll be on the third line next season next to JTC and either Donskoi or Wilson.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Far as I can see, Nieto is the extra body. That's a quality 13th forward in the final year of his deal. Unless he grouses about it (and he might) he should be the Gork going into this upcoming season.

Kerfoot fits wherever they can fit him. I think he'll be on the third line next season next to JTC and either Donskoi or Wilson.
Having Nieto in the stands makes no sense. You have the makings of a good checking line, use it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Having Nieto in the stands makes no sense. You have the makings of a good checking line, use it.

Sure it does. If the 12 players ahead of him are better, then you play those players. This wouldn't be the first time Nieto was a healthy scratch in Colorado. The checking lines still look very good without him.

Look, I love the Long Beach Native as much as anyone, but there sure is a LOT of hand-wringing about a couple of eminently replaceable, albeit good, 4th line guys. I just don't see this being a major issue. This team has some very good depth in terms of defensive forwards now, it's just unfortunate they're still hurting in regards to impact players up front.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Fantastic deal.

No idea what the plan is for him but I like Wilson a lot and he seems to be a great locker room guy along with being a pretty damn effective player when he's healthy. One year is perfect and as has already been said, the AAV simply does not matter one bit for us on a 1 year deal.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The biggest question with Wilson that I have is how many goals is he going to score this year, only to have them get waived off?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Him and Barrie appeared to be the 2 most liked players in the room so at least they get to keep one. Happy to keep Wilson, would have been comfortable with 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad