Confirmed with Link: 2019 Off-Season: re-sign F Colin Wilson ($2.6m AAV x 1y)

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
If the $ and term is low, I'll be happy with that to be honest, because only adding Donskoi was not enough.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
giphy.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Perfect. Can play on any of the 4 lines when needed. f*** it, if Joe does something extravagant and adds even more depth he can even eat nachos some nights and leave that body feeling great for the playoffs.

Reactions: Ryan Patsky

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This can't hurt, Wilson is solid depth and can play anywhere in the lineup. The real trick is if the Avs can keep him on the 4th line or if they'll suffer from depth issues again.

If Sakic fails to use his cap space next year it's going to suck big time though. Time to fleece a team of an overpaid player that can suit up on the 2nd line.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I love Willy so I'm happy with it. Really would like to see another addition, but the only ones left are Dzingel and Ferland..

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jesus.

I really wish we were leaving room for Greer, Kamenev, Bowers, Kaut to crack the lineup.

Kamenev will have every opportunity to make the team. Bowers and Kaut need time on the farm. Greer is likely on his way out. In the end, he kinda had to force their hand, and he never did.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
No complaints about re-signing proven, capable depth players who want to be here, especially on smaller deals,

Reactions: Ryan Patsky

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Kamenev will have every opportunity to make the team. Bowers and Kaut need time on the farm. Greer is likely on his way out. In the end, he kinda had to force their hand, and he never did.

Considering the fact that both of them will have to go through waivers they need to be prepared to lose them if they are not on the roster.

I'm happy about Wilson, but also sort of not at the same time. I think we are done in UFA.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Jesus.

I really wish we were leaving room for Greer, Kamenev, Bowers, Kaut to crack the lineup.
People really have to stop wishing these things. Greer is nothing more than a potential 4th liner who takes penalties like crazy. Kamenev isn't blocked, he's likely the 4C.

Bowers and Kaut shouldn't be anywhere near the NHL next season.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Love it. Glad most people here are happy with it too, he's a heavy body that doesn't hurt the team when he's out there, and built for playoff hockey.

Praying this means no Dzingel

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Jesus.

Sakic has proven he doesn't mind putting guys in the AHL who aren't able to crack the big roster, even if the full cap can't be buried. I don't see a risk here, this is NHL-level depth and if a kid wins a roster slot so be it.

The real problem is that we've got too much bottom 6 depth and not enough top 6 depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad