Confirmed with Link: 2019 Off-Season: re-sign F Colin Wilson ($2.6m AAV x 1y)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Jesus, i saw this thread and thought we gave him another year for 2.6 Mill... Then I realized this is the old thread.... Allready gave me a thrill..... :eek:
Same here. I was about to go postal :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is this the new obituary section of HF? Survived by, everyone else..

Maybe we're the ones that are dead and Wilson is alive and crushing it in another dimension!

giphy.gif

CostlyAptElectriceel-small.gif

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
If Wilson is actually alive and healthy, I'd give him league min in the hopes that he rebounds. He'd be great depth to have.

Reactions: McMetal and crue7

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If Wilson is actually alive and healthy, I'd give him league min in the hopes that he rebounds. He'd be great depth to have.
I don't hate the idea. He's going to have to take a PTO at this point to prove he's healthy. May as well be with us.

But that would only be as long as we don't sign or acquire any other forwards. We already have Kaut and LOC knocking on the door. If we get a top six winger or a 3C (way more important than a depth winger) then the numbers game forces him out and you wish him the best unless he signs with Dallas.

Reactions: MarkT

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I don't hate the idea. He's going to have to take a PTO at this point to prove he's healthy. May as well be with us.

But that would only be as long as we don't sign or acquire any other forwards. We already have Kaut and LOC knocking on the door. If we get a top six winger or a 3C (way more important than a depth winger) then the numbers game forces him out and you wish him the best unless he signs with Dallas.
If we have capspace then a $700k x 1 year deal wouldn't be the worst idea. He'd have to prove that he was fit though or it's rather pointless.

Reactions: MarkT

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

Looking at our roster on paper, we didn't really have room for Nuke either, but look what happened. Wilson would also be much better suited to the 13th forward role than any of our young guys. At the same time, when healthy Wilson is a legit middle six winger, and it'd be nice to have a backup one of those lying around.

If he does retire though maybe the Avs should bring him onto the management or player development side - unless he wants to pursue a different career.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If he does retire though maybe the Avs should bring him onto the management or player development side - unless he wants to pursue a different career.

I too would not mind him sticking around.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He should have never been signed last year and I was saying that the second it happened.

I’ve heard he might have to retire anyway. I wish him the best in life.

Totally agree. It didn't make sense when he signed last year and it makes even less sense now.

Hopefully he's able to get healthy again and continue making a living in hockey. By all accounts, he seems like a good dude.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Whatever we do, we have to make sure Wilson goes back in time to become Nate's father, or all hope is lost.

37586-optimized_595be1054fd04.jpg

BLPYsPBCEAEcjkL.jpg

Reactions: Foppa2118

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He should have never been signed last year and I was saying that the second it happened.

I’ve heard he might have to retire anyway. I wish him the best in life.

No argument here, but it was a foregone conclusion that he’d be back after a decent showing in that Nashville series. The Avs lucked out by having Nichushkin become the player they were hoping Wilson would be.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I was fine with bringing in Wilson last season. We obviously had the cap space to throw away on him, and if he had been healthy he would have been great depth for us. We certainly could have used him in the Dallas series.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He was pretty good in the Calgary series. Didnt he score 2-3 goals?
Yeah, and a couple big ones against the Sharks, too. He was a solid playoff performer, shame it didn't work out, but it was a fine move at the time. Kaut and LOC weren't ready yet and as the record shows we clearly needed the injury depth at F considering we used scrubs like Megna during the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad