Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign D Jack MF Johnson ($775k, 1y)

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
As long as there's a Johnson and Wood on the roster the Avs are bound to score.
1688319244617.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Always wanted to bring him back, as long as it was something around league minimum. Which this is. Seems like such a good guy, and he fits our system well.

JJ at 775k >>>>>>> EJ at 3.5M

Must suck for JJ to know that he was better than EJ last year and he’s only making 25% of what the other makes though.
To be brutally honest, if we are looking at just on-ice performance, I would've brought back JJ before EJ if both were offered this deal. I thought he has been better than EJ.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Always wanted to bring him back, as long as it was something around league minimum. Which this is. Seems like such a good guy, and he fits our system well.

To be brutally honest, if we are looking at just on-ice performance, I would've brought back JJ before EJ if both were offered this deal. I thought he has been better than EJ.

He's always been a bit more agile. He was an OFD in his early years, but he's changed a bit. Still gets it to the net when opportunity knocks.

Honestly if we had more space he'd be worth a couple million. I guess he's close to that with the Pitt money though.

He lost a lot of money from his family screwing him over. Basically all of what he made in his prime. Awesome dude.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Great signing, he was the guy I was hoping we pick up for the #6D spot.

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
Perfect signing. Needed. Was expected but since it didn't happen right away I was unsure. Totally agree that he was better than EJ at the end. He understands his limitations and EJ does not.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
JJ at 775k >>>>>>> EJ at 3.5M

Must suck for JJ to know that he was better than EJ last year and he’s only making 25% of what the other makes though.
Or he wants to stay in Colorado and is willing to take whatever they offer, unlike EJ who is clearly still chasing pay days.

Jack will have a contract in this league until he feels like retiring because GMs respect him so much. Money shouldn't be an issue. Plus he gets paid this season and next by Pittsburgh.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I doubt Jack cares. Dude just loves to play hockey, hang out with the boys, and is enjoying the last moments of his career.

View attachment 725401

Or two, or three, whatever as long as he keeps his conditioning up, they'll Hejduk him until he decides he's done.

Or he wants to stay in Colorado and is willing to take whatever they offer, unlike EJ who is clearly still chasing pay days.

Jack will have a contract in this league until he feels like retiring because GMs respect him so much. Money shouldn't be an issue. Plus he gets paid this season and next by Pittsburgh.

Well, horses aren't cheap lol.

Unless their name is Jack Johnson.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Naw...JMFJ is exactly where he wants to be.

I actually have a CBJ Tshirt with his signature and, can't remember the dudes name.. They were paired together. They were doing some sort of charity drive on Twitter at the time.

Just a cool momento, but even more valuable to me now lol.

Edit, it was Wisniewski lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad