Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign D Jack MF Johnson ($775k, 1y)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Welcome back, champ.

TDP-L-AVS-LIGHTING-GAME-SIX_DSC0805x.jpg

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Glad Jack Johnson is back.

He was really good for Colorado last year, even better than his surprising 2021-2022 season.

I talked up EJ a lot in his player tribute thread yesterday, but quite frankly Jack was the better Johnson last year and it wasn't that close. EJ was primed to begin the post-season as a healthy scratch until injury struck in Game 1 warmups.

Not that I blame EJ for going after the money, but getting Jack back at a fourth of what EJ signed for in Buffalo is a bargain.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Look how god damn happy Nazzy is for his fellow warrior lifting that mug. Nothing will ever top the heart of that 2022 team and so many pictures remind me of that.

As for JMFJ, welcome back guy! Glad to have him on such a cheap deal.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
JJ brings a little thickness to the defence and can slot in on PK2, if necessary.

He’s the one player the Avs will always ignore the underlying numbers on, and I’m glad they do.

The Avs are reshaping their roster quite a bit this off-season, but they’re keeping a couple veteran glue guys, in JJ and Cogs.

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
please make this the 7D.

If Colton gets 3.5M and Meyers gets $950K, they have about 3M left after factoring in the overages from last year

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Seems like we are done on D... for now. I expect us to add someone at the deadline. I expect he will rotate in with Malinski on the bottom pair. Unfortunately, as it stands it makes more sense for Byram to be down there and Girard to be stapled to Manson, but I expect a lot of different looks back there this year. Still don't like paying G 5M to be our 4th/5th best defenseman, but it is what it is at this point.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Seems like we are done on D... for now. I expect us to add someone at the deadline. I expect he will rotate in with Malinski on the bottom pair. Unfortunately, as it stands it makes more sense for Byram to be down there and Girard to be stapled to Manson, but I expect a lot of different looks back there this year. Still don't like paying G 5M to be our 4th/5th best defenseman, but it is what it is at this point.
Yup, I think Avs are done for the offseason, they’ll make other moves at the trade deadline because they’ll have that deadline cap space also I believe. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong on that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad