Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Rangers 11/13/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He brings good vibes, ok. :shakehead

Sure rallied the troops with that horribly pointless fight against McLeod. You could really see the difference he makes with his energy. :rolleyes:

My favorite shift by Glass was when he was so full of energy, that he gave the puck away at the blueline instead of clearing it, so it could get dumped back in, and Duchene could score the first goal of the game. Talk about hard work, and energy. Glass is just full of it. So much energy.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Sure rallied the troops with that horribly pointless fight against McLeod. You could really see the difference he makes with his energy. :rolleyes:

My favorite shift by Glass was when he was so full of energy, that he gave the puck away at the blueline instead of clearing it, so it could get dumped back in, and Duchene could score the first goal of the game. Talk about hard work, and energy. Glass is just full of it. So much energy.

The Rangers had energy before that fight, after the fight though Colorado stepped up and started to control play

This is a brutal job by AV

I'm very concerned he's setting this kid back badly. He's done it before ask jordan schreoder and Cody hodson

I'm extremely concerned he's practicing with defensemen right now. That's a joke.

Send him back sooner the. Better. Get him away from AV until he's like 22 23 at least

LOL Schreoder wasn't that good, AV didn't do anything to ruin him... if anything he gave him a lot of opportunities to prove himself and keep himself in the lineup. I do follow the Canucks as well as the Rangers and Schreoder just never seemed to be able to put it together in the NHL.

Hodgson was just dropped to the fourth line in Buffalo... again he was a centerman playing behind Kesler and Sedin... I'm sorry but as a coach I would much rather have Sedin and Kesler out there more then a rookie player who is unhappy with the lack of playing time.

As for Ducliar I would rather see him play, but I cant argue with AV running the lineup that just put 5 up on pittsburgh out there again to see if it happens again.

We didn't suck defensively last year, except for that one California swing.

In the beginning of the season they did, the reason is because AV looks at rookies and people who are trying to crack the lineup pretty much all preseason, the preseason did not have a full roster like the Devils for example were putting out there.
Many people laughed when they saw that the Devils had like their entire lineup ready to go against a bunch of rookies and all for the Rangers but they were doing that so everyone got ready for the season AV doesn't do that.

Stepanstones*

Fast brings defensive responsibility. Glass brings stupid turnovers.

What defensive responsibility. He gets beats on the boards he hits like a ***** haha oh and uh cost us the game on a stupid ass Offensive Zone penalty. No reason he plays over duke or glass.

Stepanstones*

Glass brings energy? Since when?

Didnt you miss the pit game? Saved a goal was all over the ice and he look alot better then fast. There is no gettin a point across with anyone of you obviously AV sees he is doing his job done so he staying get the pos Fast out bring duke back move stemp to the 4th line and Bank it we win 3 in a Row.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Didnt you miss the pit game? Saved a goal was all over the ice and he look alot better then fast. There is no gettin a point across with anyone of you obviously AV sees he is doing his job done so he staying get the pos Fast out bring duke back move stemp to the 4th line and Bank it we win 3 in a Row.

He had one great game against his former team, and now he's a "good energy player"?

Did you miss every other game of the season?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
In the past 2 games I've seen glass save a goal kill penalties throw some big hits fight a guy and come down the wing and rip a slap shot for a good scoring chance

In the past 2 games I've seen fast take a lazy holding penalty in offensive zone cost us a pt, turn puck over in own zone and keep us pinned in. Get zero offensive chances and hit no one

I'll take glass all day. He's not a guy AV is even thinking about pulling him nor should he

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
In the past 2 games I've seen glass save a goal kill penalties throw some big hits fight a guy and come down the wing and rip a slap shot for a good scoring chance

In the past 2 games I've seen fast take a lazy holding penalty in offensive zone cost us a pt, turn puck over in own zone and keep us pinned in. Get zero offensive chances and hit no one

I'll take glass all day. He's not a guy AV is even thinking about pulling him nor should he

Glass kills penalties is highly overstated. He's a ****** penalty killer.

Cool, he throws big hits, how does that help the team? Especially when he goes out of position to hit players?

Cool, he fought. From that fight, the Rangers got owned by Colorado in the 1st period. Great job Tanner.

He got his first scoring chance of the year against the Pens, congratulations. I can't wait for next chance in three months.

Great hockey player.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Glass kills penalties is highly overstated. He's a ****** penalty killer.

Cool, he throws big hits, how does that help the team? Especially when he goes out of position to hit players?

Cool, he fought. From that fight, the Rangers got owned by Colorado in the 1st period. Great job Tanner.

He got his first scoring chance of the year against the Pens, congratulations. I can't wait for next chance in three months.

Great hockey player.

I agree with everything you said here, except for the bold

How is it his fault, the Rangers came out flat and sucked? Is it because of his fight?

If so, then you are saying fighting has a way of shifting momentum and has a significant place in the game?

*Bob Richards*

I really want to like Tanner Glass and I felt bad for all the vitriol that followed him, but he is just an ineffective hockey player.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

How is it his fault, the Rangers came out flat and sucked? Is it because of his fight?

If so, then you are saying fighting has a way of shifting momentum and has a significant place in the game?

I didn't say it's his fault, and I didn't say the fight gave Colorado momentum.

The fight was useless, and shouldn't be discussed as a net positive. That's what I meant.

AHB*

Not that it's directly relative, but the few minutes prior to the fight were decent and after hte fight, the tide completely changed.

That fight was so pointless. I'm sick of that kind of wasteful stuff in the game. Regardless of whether or not it was relative to the change in play, it still certainly shouldn't be argued as a positive. It meant next to nothing and from the play after, was only helpful for COL (I'm nto a major believe in fights like that having any impact on the actual game).

Glass stinks big time. He's just not a good player. I really want him to be, since he's a constant in our lineup, but he's just not.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
What defensive responsibility. He gets beats on the boards he hits like a ***** haha oh and uh cost us the game on a stupid ass Offensive Zone penalty. No reason he plays over duke or glass.

Look at the chart for difficulty of minutes by player for the games fast started the year with. He had the hardest minutes by far, had no points and was only -1. How is that possible without being responsible on d?

AHB*

Wait a second. You're arguing for Glass and then you bring up FAST getting beat on the boards?

Glass is one of the worst players i HAVE EVER SEEN with his board play.

Fast is miles ahead of him and is like half the size. He took a bad penalty last night, but that kind of stuff happens.

Glass is not in the same league as Fast. And certainly not when it comes to board battles. If you're arguing that Glass is better than Fast against the boards, I implore you to re-watch the games we've played thus far with a focus on Glass, because obviously you're not paying close enough attention.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Lundqvist got abused in the shootout.

This is a game where the Rangers really miss Ryan McDonagh defensively. His speed would have negated MacKinnon and Duchene. Very few complaints otherwise.

Because McDonagh looked so good prior to his injury. Just like he was in the first 10 games of the post season last year, overall, McDonagh was useless in the games he has played this season. And thats not an exaggeration.

McDonagh makes no difference in that game if he played as poorly as he was prior to injury.

He is inconsistent IMO. I will need to see more than one 40+ point season with quality defensive play before I am as impressed as the rest of the fan base.

But yes, McDonagh playing at the level he can play at, would be a big help.

Beyond McDonagh, the team defense simply sucks this year. I cant remember the last time the Rangers gave up this many point blank chances right in front of the net. Brutal defense.

AHB*

Beyond McDonagh, the team defense simply sucks this year. I cant remember the last time the Rangers gave up this many point blank chances right in front of the net. Brutal defense.

I can, the first 15 games of last year.

Also, McDonagh has always been fantastic defensively. He just added offense last year which made layman fans of other teams take notice.

You can't realistically sit here and tell me he wasn't fantastic defensively the last season with Torts, or even the season before that when we went to the ECF.....

Stepanstones*

Wait a second. You're arguing for Glass and then you bring up FAST getting beat on the boards?

Glass is one of the worst players i HAVE EVER SEEN with his board play.

Fast is miles ahead of him and is like half the size. He took a bad penalty last night, but that kind of stuff happens.

Glass is not in the same league as Fast. And certainly not when it comes to board battles. If you're arguing that Glass is better than Fast against the boards, I implore you to re-watch the games we've played thus far with a focus on Glass, because obviously you're not paying close enough attention.

I was stating simply that fast brings absolutely nothing. Everyone can hate on glass all you want but he is staying and Fast isnt end of story. Fast sucks and cost us the game on the ozone penalty night. Glass may not bring much offensively but in no way is he hurting the team while Fast is just by keeping Duclair out of the lineup.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
I was stating simply that fast brings absolutely nothing. Everyone can hate on glass all you want but he is staying and Fast isnt end of story. Fast sucks and cost us the game on the ozone penalty night. Glass may not bring much offensively but in no way is he hurting the team while Fast is just by keeping Duclair out of the lineup.

By the logic of the last statement, Glass is also hurting the team by keeping Duclair out.

There's always lots of talk about intangibles. There's lots of great players with just those little things that they do to help win hockey games that are hard to pinpoint. Glass has the bad kind of intangibles. It's hard to pinpoint egregious mistakes, but he does all those little things that help you lose hockey games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad