Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Rangers 11/13/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Absolutely right.

It's not fair, but pro sports, like a lot in life, are driven by results. If you haven't helped me lately, you have hurt me.

That is life and i agree but if there is someone on this team even remotely close to being exempt from that its Hank.

Year in and year out we have these discussions about Hank early in the season and year in and year out people end up eating bowls of crow. When will it end :shakehead

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
That is life and i agree but if there is someone on this team even remotely close to being exempt from that its Hank.

Year in and year out we have these discussions about Hank early in the season and year in and year out people end up eating bowls of crow. When will it end :shakehead

When he wins the Stanley Cup.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Amazing how many times its Marc staals man standing all alone in front for a tap in. Guy is way to good to be lettin that happen flat out lazy on the second goal yesterday

seems so.

hes just inconsistent from game to game. i was really impressed with his play for a stretch there but last night he seemed to have lapses where he was misreading plays and leaving guys alone.

on the flip side, colo is just loaded with good young offensive players that all skate and hustle. they are really good at getting to the net and going hard with the puck.

that kinda of team will give our d fits as we just dont body up well with guys. we have too many finesse defenders.

when our d goes bad, its all stick checks, watching pucks and ole defense. john moore lost duchene on that nifty move and both staal and girardi did the same and it cost us.

defensively we can look downright dominant and then the next game, clueless. its frustrating.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
seems so.

hes just inconsistent from game to game. i was really impressed with his play for a stretch there but last night he seemed to have lapses where he was misreading plays and leaving guys alone.

on the flip side, colo is just loaded with good young offensive players that all skate and hustle. they are really good at getting to the net and going hard with the puck.

that kinda of team will give our d fits as we just dont body up well with guys. we have too many finesse defenders.

when our d goes bad, its all stick checks, watching pucks and ole defense. john moore lost duchene on that nifty move and both staal and girardi did the same and it cost us.

defensively we can look downright dominant and then the next game, clueless. its frustrating.

Don't agree. That goal was 100% Staal's fault, Girardi made a great play to cover for Staal and Staal blew his coverage, again.

AHB*

Don't agree. That goal was 100% Staal's fault, Girardi made a great play to cover for Staal and Staal blew his coverage, again.

I don't know what Staal's deal is with blown coverage of guys in front of the net. He's pretty good in the other areas, it just makes no sense to me that one of the most basic coverages in all of hockey, is the one he struggles with the most. I really think his peripheral vision is effecting his play a lot more then he is letting on.

On another note, can someone please, for the life of me, explain how in gods name you don't put Nash in the shootout?

Just to note, Rick Nash is 11th all time in shootout goals and has a career 37%. He's 6th all time in chances. It was such an illogical choice. Stepan is at 28%, Stempniak is 32%, Zucc is at 45%. The only one reasonably chosen over him was Zucc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Missing our number 1 dman a guy that was in the Norris conversation is a big deal. Staal goes from playing against 2nd tier guys to top tier guys. For the most part he handles it better than most teams 3rd dmen but then at times he's in trouble. Chasing those kids around last night showed.

There is no doubt we lost the head of the snake in mcdonagh going down.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Missing our number 1 dman a guy that was in the Norris conversation is a big deal. Staal goes from playing against 2nd tier guys to top tier guys. For the most part he handles it better than most teams 3rd dmen but then at times he's in trouble. Chasing those kids around last night showed.

There is no doubt we lost the head of the snake in mcdonagh going down.

To be fair McDonagh has been a shell of the beast from last season. But perhaps he, like the rest of the team, heats up after 15% of the season has passed?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Mac only played 10 games Id give him a little more than that. We also played really well after the first 4 games so he was going to figure it out.

But no question we aren't a cup contender if Ryan Mcdonagh isn't a Norris quality dman

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I don't know what Staal's deal is with blown coverage of guys in front of the net. He's pretty good in the other areas, it just makes no sense to me that one of the most basic coverages in all of hockey, is the one he struggles with the most. I really think his peripheral vision is effecting his play a lot more then he is letting on.

On another note, can someone please, for the life of me, explain how in gods name you don't put Nash in the shootout?

Just to note, Rick Nash is 11th all time in shootout goals and has a career 37%. He's 6th all time in chances. It was such an illogical choice. Stepan is at 28%, Stempniak is 32%, Zucc is at 45%. The only one reasonably chosen over him was Zucc.

Zooks was 48% career going in to last night and 50% this season so he is a no brainer to shoot. Stepan was a strange choice and he scored so who knows.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Stepan made a wonderful shot on his goal in regulation time. I don't second guess AV on the choice of Stepan.
Things aren't run solely on charts and statistics. He saw Stepan's performance on that goal, he liked it, he chose him.

AHB*

Stepan made a wonderful shot on his goal in regulation time. I don't second guess AV on the choice of Stepan.
Things aren't run solely on charts and statistics. He saw Stepan's performance on that goal, he liked it, he chose him.

Yea, and Stempniak?

Rick Nash is one of the best goal scorers in the NHL. This year he has been THE best.

He is also fantastic in the shootout and has had more practice then anyone on this team in game situations.

He is an absolute no brainer.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Yea, and Stempniak?

Rick Nash is one of the best goal scorers in the NHL. This year he has been THE best.

He is also fantastic in the shootout and has had more practice then anyone on this team in game situations.

He is an absolute no brainer.

No argument from me on that one. Nash is hot and I was totally surprised he was not put in. One of those 'what the hell?' moments.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 4m4 minutes ago
Anthony Duclair working with the defensemen. Probably a decent sign he'll be out again tomorrow at Pittsburgh.

Alain, pls.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Duclair should be more proactive... have an in-person meeting with the coaches and say flat out, "I want to play. What do I have to do to get back into the lineup?"

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
AV is probably of the mindset that this team needs to start getting points, and maybe a 19 year old probably shouldn't be in these situations (as much as the stats disagree with that assertion).

But.........Glass still being in the lineup is unacceptable. It's like a ****ing funny joke at this point. Except it's not funny.

Glass needs to be out of the lineup. But Fast was bad last night too.

This is getting ridiculous.

I'd much rather Fast than Glass, but neither were particularly good last night.

It's terrible, how is AV okay with what his 4th line has become, after how much he used them last year? I don't understand. He KNOWS what a great 4th line can do, but he insists on killing it by playing Glass. I'm ****ing dumbfounded by him bending the lineup to keep him in.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This is a brutal job by AV

I'm very concerned he's setting this kid back badly. He's done it before ask jordan schreoder and Cody hodson

I'm extremely concerned he's practicing with defensemen right now. That's a joke.

Send him back sooner the. Better. Get him away from AV until he's like 22 23 at least

Stepanstones*

Duclair not playing again is crazy

Fast was horrible

Agreed. Fast Brings nothing glass brings energy and Is his doing his job he hits and really has been improving. Fast absolute waste send him back to AHL

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
This is a brutal job by AV

I'm very concerned he's setting this kid back badly. He's done it before ask jordan schreoder and Cody hodson

I'm extremely concerned he's practicing with defensemen right now. That's a joke.

Send him back sooner the. Better. Get him away from AV until he's like 22 23 at least

Could be that those players just aren't good. Neither has set the world on fire since.

And keep him away from a good coach for 4 years? Let's be real. He provides offense which this team isnt lacking and he lacks defense which the team needs. It's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad