Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We're closing in on the Trade Deadline people! For some this is just generally an exciting time, for others it's a time of anxiousness.

Us Mods are putting together a plan for the Deadline itself, so check this post again when notified to do so.

In the meantime, continue here!

[EDIT]

OK!

So, my fellow Mods and myself have determined our plan for Deadline Day. We will CLOSE this thread either late Sunday night or early Monday morning and we will have a "Trade Deadline Day GDT" for us to congregate in. All the goings on for Deadline Day will occur in there and IF the Avs make any moves, a separate thread will need to be made and that discussion will happen there.

Let's have some fun on Monday!

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs really need help on D, the reason EJ has struggled lately is because he's probably gassed. EJ and Beauchemin are pretty much the only reliable pair for the Avs as far as defensive side of the game goes. This team really needs help on top 4 someone more reliable than Holden playing with Barrie and move Holden down to 3rd pair

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
For a while that's what I thought would happen. It might still happen but I think it's nearly impossible since Drouin quit playing.

On another note, does anyone else think the Avs have a trade lined-up but don't want to pull the trigger until after the outdoor game?

I mean, I guess they could have something lined up that they want to hold off on...but I'd much rather them make their deal, especially if it involved someone on the Roster (because they could get injured in the game, thus negating the deal).

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Regarding Drouin. I do think Tampa and St. Louis were close to a deal as Drouin's side claimed. I think when his side caught wind of it, they decided to stop playing. Tampa didn't like him making that decision and suspended him. St Louis backed out and everything went into hibernation mode. Now that we are a few days away, it's all heating back up.

I still really really doubt the Avs will get him, and I'm skeptical he is even traded. But who knows.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Given Roy's commitment to developing players in the minors, could you imagine if Colorado traded for Drouin.........then sent him to San Antonio?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Given Roy's commitment to developing players in the minors, could you imagine if Colorado traded for Drouin.........then sent him to San Antonio?

If he is traded in the next few days, he is almost certainly going to start in the AHL. He would certainly need a 2 week stint to get back into game shape.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

I believe Drouin would accept it. For how long is anyone's guess, however I believe that the management does such a great job with communication that Drouin would know what to do and be back up before you could blink.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Regarding Drouin. I do think Tampa and St. Louis were close to a deal as Drouin's side claimed. I think when his side caught wind of it, they decided to stop playing. Tampa didn't like him making that decision and suspended him. St Louis backed out and everything went into hibernation mode. Now that we are a few days away, it's all heating back up.

I still really really doubt the Avs will get him, and I'm skeptical he is even traded. But who knows.

I think he'll get moved. If the Lightning aren't moving Stamkos, they have to feel like they have a pretty good shot at the cup again this year. Dealing Drouin to fill some holes in your lineup + maybe a good pick or prospect will be too good to pass up, imo.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I think he'll get moved. If the Lightning aren't moving Stamkos, they have to feel like they have a pretty good shot at the cup again this year. Dealing Drouin to fill some holes in your lineup + maybe a good pick or prospect will be too good to pass up, imo.

The question is, is anyone actually going to offer someone to help them now? I'd offer them Holden off the NHL roster, but nothing more. If it's only futures being offered, they'd likely be better off waiting till the draft.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Tampa wants someone that can help them now in return for Drouin, what do the Avs have to offer? Zadorov maybe? Even though Zadorov isn't really ready for the NHL yet, Tampa might think otherwise

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Drouin has directly said that he'll be fine with starting out in the AHL for a new team. He just wants a fresh start.

Also, I don't believe he'll continue to not play after the trade deadline. There is no reason for it IMO, as his excuse right now is that he does not want an injury to prevent a trade scenario.

If he does not play until the off-season his value will be absolutely at a serious low point and he'll be hurting his own development.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm guessing this all gets taken care of on the opening face off tomorrow. Joe looks at Yzerman and they make a deal for Drouin and Carle. Then Joe looks at Shanny and they make a deal for Cowen, thereby lowering Carle's cap hit $700k when they buy out Cowen this summer.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If Drouin is to become and Av I don't see how one of Zadorov or Rantanen isn't on their way to tampa. I'd be bummed to see either go.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm guessing this all gets taken care of on the opening face off tomorrow. Joe looks at Yzerman and they make a deal for Drouin and Carle. Then Joe looks at Shanny and they make a deal for Cowen, thereby lowering Carle's cap hit $700k when they buy out Cowen this summer.

I feel like Sherman is the only one in the organization who would figure that out, thankfully hes in the right role haha.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
If this is all just to bring Marty back up that would be disappointing. I wonder is someone else goes down to the Komets or if we are actually getting a different forward to come up to the Avs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If this is all just to bring Marty back up that would be disappointing. I wonder is someone else goes down to the Komets or if we are actually getting a different forward to come up to the Avs.

Did they need to make room to fit Martinsen in?

Roy acted like Martinsen was gonna be down there for a bit. Think this spells other moves for SA.

Maybe Hishon dealt or a Mikko callup are my first guesses.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So either someone is on their way to Colorado, or someone is out on a trade.

Or someone is injured.

They've had the flu on the Rampage and could maybe see needing an extra body but the timing is curious with the Wagner dumping. Plus they just got Martinsen and didn't send anyone down. How many extra forwards do they need? They seem to be comfortable with 13 and have 15 now.

I don't think they'd do much before the outdoor game and all that but it's very curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln