Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Comparing them to us is irrelevant. They are on pace for the same finish as last year...96pts. But this year, that projects to a top wildcard, when last year it was 2 points on the playing golf side of the cutoff. So they are at least as good as they were last year, and maybe slightly better given the fewer tanks in the league so far this year (lowest projected finish atm is 70 points...EDM).

They made a ton of moves, that totaled up to pretty much lateral movement. Maybe better down the line as those picks develop, but I dunno. Imagine if they had only done the good moves.

We, on the other hand, are on pace for 85 points, 5 worse than last year, and 3 out of the playoffs. We are ever so slightly better than last year (3 points out vice 9), or worse if you want to call it strictly based on point total. In line for the 11th pick for now.

Well your math is all nice, but it's only supporting my point. Boston made a bunch of speculative moves, and its worked out actually better than most thought. We made a bunch of lateral moves, and it's worked out essentially exactly as most thought.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ehrhoff screwed up when he didn't sign a big long term deal when he was bought out. Instead he gambled on himself by signing a one year contract with the Pens and he lost. With the buyout money from Buffalo he's of course set for life either way.

Bullet dodged for Avs.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Waive Bodnarchuk, claim Ehrhoff. Easy trade for me.

We couldn't, though right? Being at the contract limit?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Didn't we want him signed bad last off season?

I think so, yeah :laugh:. I wonder how much of this has to do with Sutter, Erhoff has to be at least a serviceable third pairing D. Though I'll admit the only LA hockey I've watched was when they played the Avs.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I think so, yeah :laugh:. I wonder how much of this has to do with Sutter, Erhoff has to be at least a serviceable third pairing D. Though I'll admit the only LA hockey I've watched was when they played the Avs.

He definitely is better than anything we have iced next to Grah.
Plus, there's no risk involved. 1,5 million $, contract is up after this year.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Erhoff will be an upgrade for a number of teams - plus with his contract expiring at the end of the year it's a low risk move for anyone.

Hell, he'd be an upgrade on our bottom pairing over Redmond/Bod but not enough to matter even if we had the contract space for him.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Waive Bodnarchuk, claim Ehrhoff. Easy trade for me.

We couldn't, though right? Being at the contract limit?

Avs aren't allowed to claim anyone since they are at 50 contracts. There is no guarantee NewBalls would be claimed. Only an idiot team would claim a player like him. ;)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs aren't allowed to claim anyone since they are at 50 contracts. There is no guarantee NewBalls would be claimed. Only an idiot team would claim a player like him. ;)

It's been over a month. Cant we just call him Old Balls now? Plus, it's funnier that way...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i wouldn't mind picking him up if they can dump a contract. not that he's good anymore but he's experienced veteran who can play the right side and could be nice partner for bigras.

not expecting it though.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah I remember people here were high on him...it was between him and Niskanen 2 years ago (and we got Stuart instead).

That "one year in Pittsburgh" thing was one of the worst professional decision I've ever seen. I know it's just fans talk but some of you were talking about offering him a 5-6 years contract at 6M per.

Finally a reason to make me feel good about the Stuart acquisition.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Well your math is all nice, but it's only supporting my point. Boston made a bunch of speculative moves, and its worked out actually better than most thought. We made a bunch of lateral moves, and it's worked out essentially exactly as most thought.

I wasn't saying you were wrong.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think people here were nearly as high on Ehrhoff last summer as they were the summer before that. I know I didn't want Avs to sign him long term but was ok with a shorter contract.

The summer before that I will happily admit I was ok with signing him to a five year deal. I wasn't expecting him to drop off as rapidly as he did. I guess the warning bells from Buffalo buying him out should have alerted me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The summer before Ehrhoff had taken a step back, but it wasn't completely obvious that his body was breaking down. Last summer the signs were there, but many (including myself) wrote it off as a bad year. So far this season... it is completely obvious that his body has totally broken down. He can't do the things that made him good anymore.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The summer before Ehrhoff had taken a step back, but it wasn't completely obvious that his body was breaking down. Last summer the signs were there, but many (including myself) wrote it off as a bad year. So far this season... it is completely obvious that his body has totally broken down. He can't do the things that made him good anymore.

Pens fans on the main board are saying the he was done that year that they got him. He wasn't even good enough for the PP since he had no shot left.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Pens fans on the main board are saying the he was done that year that they got him. He wasn't even good enough for the PP since he had no shot left.

Pens fans got to see him for the part of the season he was healthy for. Others were basing it off of a few games they saw there and his past performance... passing his season partially off injuries and a bad year. Obviously NHL scouts had a bigger sample size, more health information, and judged him fairly in the end.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You guys have to understand that we germans collectively share a fixed amount of hockey talent that the hockey gods have forbidden us from ever surpassing. So what's happened is that Drai needed our full allotment, which is why we had to Space-Jam the Hoff's skills into Leon.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You guys have to understand that we germans collectively share a fixed amount of hockey talent that the hockey gods have forbidden us from ever surpassing. So what's happened is that Drai needed our full allotment, which is why we had to Space-Jam the Hoff's skills into Leon.

Plus German's made T-Blades. I'll give a tonne of credit to Ehrhoff Seidenberg and Hecht for the 7 months those were cool!!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

996bf7a102ce11687ad3a629105863e50218af3b9cdc4da9798bed1a3796efc5.jpg

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Ever heard of state secrets?

You filthy traitor :sarcasm:.

People should probably put a ton of money on the Hawks once Nowitzki retires....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad