Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
@Gabe the Babe, yes 5.5 max. Why on earth would you want to cripple this team by signing Radulov at whatever it takes? So that we lose someone like Barrie to free agency? The core of this team is far more important than signing Radulov

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
@Gabe the Babe, yes 5.5 max. Why on earth would you want to cripple this team by signing Radulov at whatever it takes? So that we lose someone like Barrie to free agency? The core of this team is far more important than signing Radulov

radulov can be signed to more than 5.5 mil AAV and not cripple the team. ideally, barrie, radulov and mack are locked up before radulov is signed. would've liked to see them done before the season starts but that doesn't look very likely. if avs survive the next offseason, they should manage with the cap going forward. next year is the hardest crunch.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
radulov can be signed to more than 5.5 mil AAV and not cripple the team. ideally, barrie, radulov and mack are locked up before radulov is signed. would've liked to see them done before the season starts but that doesn't look very likely. if avs survive the next offseason, they should manage with the cap going forward. next year is the hardest crunch.

I don't see it. As it is right now according to nhlnumbers.com we're at 65.382M in salary. Now factor in next season Barrie, MacKinnon, and EJ getting raises from their current salaries, that's likely adding another ~9M to our salary (I'm using MacK's 3.775M cap hit). Unless people expect the cap to spike up significantly and Tanguay to not be re-signed, I don't see it happening.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Unless people expect the cap to spike up significantly and Tanguay to not be re-signed, I don't see it happening.

The cap should go up to at least $75m and Tangs probably won't be re-signed. If the Avs need to clear a million or two... there are ways to do that.

The cap situation really isn't bad for the Avs at all. People were projecting ROR with higher salaries and making it work. The same can be done for Rads.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
@Gabe the Babe

also Radulov will not be under 30 when he plays his first game as an Av. (technicality I know)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The cap should go up to at least $75m and Tangs probably won't be re-signed. If the Avs need to clear a million or two... there are ways to do that.

The cap situation really isn't bad for the Avs at all. People were projecting ROR with higher salaries and making it work. The same can be done for Rads.

It's 71.4M now right? Hopefully it goes up to 75M, but with the Canadian dollar the way it is I do have my reservations about it.

member 116861

It's 71.4M now right? Hopefully it goes up to 75M, but with the Canadian dollar the way it is I do have my reservations about it.

If you want to see Radulov on the Aves then vote for the Liberals.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

$75m is a 5% increase... easily not out of the question.

The loonie is probably about at the bottom and with the Fed probably delaying raising interest rates in the US (or only raising once instead of the signaled twice), the loonie will rebound a bit. I'd expect it to be in the .81-.85 range by the spring.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I don't want to see the Avs get pinned like the Hawks have (IMO) by banking on a sizeable cap increase that doesn't happen.

while we can make a Radulov contract over 6m fit, it would be very tight and we would need MacK, Barrie, and EJ to take some really fair deals as well as our young prospects would need to pan out making our FA needs minimal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't want to see the Avs get pinned like the Hawks have (IMO) by banking on a sizeable cap increase that doesn't happen.

The big, big difference there is that the Avs would be tight for one season. After that Iggy, Stuart, Mitchell, and Berra fall off the books with their replacements likely being cheaper.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The big, big difference there is that the Avs would be tight for one season. After that Iggy, Stuart, Mitchell, and Berra fall off the books with their replacements likely being cheaper.

Exactly. We just need EJ at 7 or less, barrie under 6, and MacK to not have a Stamkos type breakout year that gets him 8+ (though even then there is the option of a bridge deal or if Rads is really willing to do whatever it takes to win a cup, him coming over on a cheaper one year deal before signing a ~2-3 year deal in January if things are going well). If those three things happen and Rads wants to be here there are a lot of ways to make it work for that one season were things will be tight. After that we'd have more money coming off the books than we need to extend our kids for the following two summers, at which point the landscape will be very different and we'll be discussing what we should trade Duchene and Varlamov for before they Staz us in the back...and we'll be approaching the final year or two of Rads contract if it hasn't expired already anyway.

If Rads wants to make it happen, it can be done without it costing us our core...as long as our core isn't all ROR about their extensions.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=105278083&postcount=531

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'd like to see a few more blanks filled in like at least EJ for starters to see if this is really feasible or not. There's too many questions as to who needs what money right now. Considering Zadorov will be under 1M and what even a halfway decent replacement cost would have been I feel like he's a big key to making next year's cap work. Some more kids are going to have to play on ELC, at least Rantanen and one more D.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd like to see a few more blanks filled in like at least EJ for starters to see if this is really feasible or not. There's too many questions as to who needs what money right now. Considering Zadorov will be under 1M and what even a halfway decent replacement cost would have been I feel like he's a big key to making next year's cap work. Some more kids are going to have to play on ELC, at least Rantanen and one more D.

If Roykic haven't picked the right players or can't develop them then yeah, the whole thing won't deliver, but I mean, what plan doesn't rely on it's management team to have done a good job? And what cup winners do so anymore without key ELC kids delivering?

E:
It may well fail, but it seems to be what they're going for...and it's no longer just crazy talk that I'm throwing out there as we discuss what could happen if the ROR-situation goes **** up and we do have to move him for something around Zads, grigs and a pick. Maybe the ROR situation going pretty much exactly how I thought it would a summer ago has me too confident in my ability to predict what'll happen next summer this summer (god I love this silly language); but it just all fits so clearly that I can't help but assume that that is the plan Roykic are working towards. And personally; I love the kids they've brought in to fill those important but cheap roles. So I'm very optimistic that the plan will come together.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I feel pretty confident that Rantanen and one other new ELC will be on the roster for 16-17/17-18. One of Compher, Bleackley, Bigras, and Geertsen is pretty reasonable IMO. I could easily see 2 of the group in the NHL to start the season (I'd bet on Bigras and Compher making it). If Siemens makes the NHL, his 16-17 salary isn't going to be big either (probably less than a million).

Yeah exactly. When people say what if Bigras or none of the prospects work out then what, well we are screwed anyway if we can't draft and develop any semblance of prospects

Yep yep... if the Avs can't get some production out of ELC players, they are not going to contend regardless.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd only want radulov on a prove it contract. If he wants $6m for 5 years, I'd let someone else have him.

I'd accept that deal without hesitating a bit. Say he takes a 1 year prove it contract for ~4.5m... The next year you are paying 7.5+m to keep him long term. I'd honestly do that as well, but $6m per over 5 years is a good contract for what he would bring... especially in today's climate.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They should be just as afraid of which Glencross they'll get.

ohYOU.gif

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'd accept that deal without hesitating a bit. Say he takes a 1 year prove it contract for ~4.5m... The next year you are paying 7.5+m to keep him long term. I'd honestly do that as well, but $6m per over 5 years is a good contract for what he would bring... especially in today's climate.

I'm just a bit worried we'll get Semin-ed with him. What if he gets that deal and just stops caring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad