Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Ha. Would I prefer it if we made it back to a situation where the Avs might consider a rental? Yes, probably.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
So following from the other thread: what's the view on Duchene's future with the team? I thought I remembered seeing someone say something about Duchene being considered one of your "older" players (at 25 :amazed:).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So following from the other thread: what's the view on Duchene's future with the team? I thought I remembered seeing someone say something about Duchene being considered one of your "older" players (at 25 :amazed:).

He has 2 years left on his contract after this year, he basically is. I know it seems folks don't want to think about it like this but they kind of have to.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The two options we have is either Duchene sticks with the team for life and assumes the Thornton/Marleau veteran role on it or he's shipped out soon for another rebuild. He's not Thornton/Marleau age obviously but he's going to be a veteran before our window might open. The former would obviously be preferred but we have to start taking forward steps soon.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The two options we have is either Duchene sticks with the team for life and assumes the Thornton/Marleau veteran role on it or he's shipped out soon for another rebuild. The former would obviously be preferred but we have to start taking forward steps soon.

And having the most consistently offensive producing player on the team with big game experience (Olympics/World Cup/World Championships) would be an asset. Not to mention, like Robin always says, Duchene is one of the best 5on5 producers in the entire NHL.

If Duchene wants to leave then fine move him for something. You can't lose a player like him for free after all that has been invested in him. If he wants to stay on the Avs then you work it out with him as best you can.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'd rather not have him shipped out, I don't really WANT anyone shipped out outside of Barrie. Or if we got an absolute haul for one of our core guys. Draisaitl has quickly become one of my favourites in the league, too bad we couldn't have gotten Chiarelli on an off day and snuck in Barrie for Leon during the summer.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Well, I'll just tell you guys that we're starting to get a little restless over on the HFLightning board and there are some names being tossed around as tradeable that we're not typically comfortable uttering. Injuries aside, there seems to be some belief that the clubhouse may be getting a little complacent and the guys that should be stepping up and producing are not.

Food for thought.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Well, I'll just tell you guys that we're starting to get a little restless over on the HFLightning board and there are some names being tossed around as tradeable that we're not typically comfortable uttering. Injuries aside, there seems to be some belief that the clubhouse may be getting a little complacent and the guys that should be stepping up and producing are not.

Food for thought.

little OT but

i think (i've watched tampa a ton since 12/13 but not much this year, too busy with NFL) you should fire cooper before tradiing any core guy not named tyler johnson. killorn too if he's a core guy. johnson is up for extension aftet his year iirc, tou are already little small upfront and point looks like he can be gamer in the future. can have only so many midgets. while he's been a stud in the playoffs, his injury history is also concerning for that stature. won't get better as he gets older.

as for duchene, 5on5 production usually goes down as players age. typically, the drop off in total point production isn't as dramatic (with top 6 guys) as players improve their pp production and/or get more pp time.

if duchene doesn't get better on the power play, the drop off is going to be pretty steep when he starts to decline. now when that will happen is up fo r a debate. it's good that he's already showing that he can evolve and doesn't really score goals just by using his speed. indicating that when his speed goes (i think it's already down a bit) his production can still stay high.

as of now, this is also duchene's best year in points per 60 on the powerplay, admittedly a small sample size. and i think he's been medicore at best there. too much 'let's hope this 1% pass works- stuff.'

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Duchene goes I riot.

The real statement is how none of you haven't rioted already. The team is already joke with Duchene, MacKinnon, EJ, Barrie, Varlamov, and Rantanen. Not saying we should trade everyone, but a couple gone is looking more like a great idea than not.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The real statement is how none of you haven't rioted already. The team is already joke with Duchene, MacKinnon, EJ, Barrie, Varlamov, and Rantanen. Not saying we should trade everyone, but a couple gone is looking more like a great idea than not.

I would like to see a better supporting cast before telling the core to shove off. Even Crosby/Malkin/Letang had trouble dragging scrubs around.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't want to see a big trade just for the sake of a big trade, it has to make sense. But Sakic should definitely be fielding offers on anyone not named Rantanen and MacKinnon.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We had a better supporting cast with O'Reilly and Stastny and we never got past the first round. So?

And still no defense or depth.

This team is ****, it was never good. They were a team that bottomed out 3/5 years and haven't added much to it. The expectation that this team was ever supposed to do anything is optimistic at best and delusional at worst.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
We had a better supporting cast with O'Reilly and Stastny and we never got past the first round. So?

Better relative to this group is still not very good. Especially doesn't help that Barrie has decided to take this season off for whatever reason making the defense just flounder on all pairs now. It would be great if Duchene/MacK/Landy/Varly would just dominate every game with no help. They do that but the other 40 minutes of the game the rest of the team has to play and that is where the mistakes happen.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
According to Friedman on HNIC, Iginla is willing to waive and wants to leave. See ya! :handclap:

At this point, if all they can get for him is a fourth or low end prospect I almost hope they don't trade him. Sounds petty, sure, but he's basically accepted a paycheque for the last 2.5 years from this team and played like he was semi retired. Now that there's a few months left, he wants to be traded for one more shot at the cup? **** you, how bout that.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
There is something fundamentally wrong with this team. Even a month ago I was still saying wait for depth, only make a big deal if the perfect fit comes along, and while I still hold by that...the core is not good enough. MacKinnon should not be moved, and he won't be - he's only 21, was just signed, and still has potential - neither will Rantanen or Zadorov. But everyone else should be available, even Landeskog, though him to a lesser extent. Duchene and Barrie should be available for big returns centering around a top prospect (especially Duchene), the garbage should be sold off, etc., and a new team needs to be built. There is far too much wrong.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Also, Iginla can gtfo. I like him personally, but he's a bad player and, most of all, his arrival signalled the beginning of this mess. Ditto for Beauchemin.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
According to Friedman on HNIC, Iginla is willing to waive and wants to leave. See ya! :handclap:

Beauch can't be far behind him in those feelings.

Neither may be worth much of anything right now, but Sakic is all about respect, so moving them somewhere they want to go (and will take them) should be a priority for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino