Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 19-20 part XXXVI | “Who needs C's with all these D's?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
What sucks is even if we get him, losing Soda created a hole that would negate a large part of Lee's upcoming production. So in the end secondary scoring wouldn't be that much better.

Last year:

Soda: 23g 26a 49 pts
Lee: 28g 23a 51 pts

And Soda was playing C in a defensive role against the big lines while getting those stats. It's a huge loss.
Even if Jost takes off and has a 50+ point season.. No reason why we had to deal Soda. If we're trying to contend we should be stocking up at center.

But I'll wait for July before getting too crazy.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Yes. But it doesn't mean a $100 bet makes $115.

It means you have to bet $115 just to make $100. Meaning a $115 bet plays out $215.

If it was +115 then yes on a $100 bet you'd win $215.
Right either way Duchene is the least likely odd jajajajaja. Strange to see Bob at -280 and that big of a discrepency between the 2

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Even if Jost takes off and has a 50+ point season.. No reason why we had to deal Soda. If we're trying to contend we should be stocking up at center.

But I'll wait for July before getting too crazy.

That is what is mind boggling to me. There was 0 reason to trade Soda. You want to make room for the kids? Okay well put Soda on the 4th line and see if Jost and Compher take off.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Not enough rumors out there. Too much time between tampering period and July 1st. But I suspect we will have the Bobfather sending out "Obviously nothing official until Monday but hearing play x is signing with team C"

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
We should offer sheet Thachuk. We could use him. Plus they did it to us with O’Reilly.

I’ve actually said this before. Flames fans don’t seem to think Tkachuk is worth more than $8m. If their FO thinks the same then I would love to offer sheet him (hopefully for less than the 4 firsts although I think we’d have to go into that territory).

We could then avoid the stigma/negative reaction by pointing to the Ryno offersheet

Reactions: Foxtail

timothy jimothy

Apr 12, 2019
What sucks is even if we get him, losing Soda created a hole that would negate a large part of Lee's upcoming production. So in the end secondary scoring wouldn't be that much better.

Last year:

Soda: 23g 26a 49 pts
Lee: 28g 23a 51 pts

And Soda was playing C in a defensive role against the big lines while getting those stats. It's a huge loss.
But if the playoffs were any indication of how Soda will be next season, it is very doubtful that he replicates that production. I'm afraid he's starting to decline. It was the right time for a trade, although it would've been nice to get a little more, like perhaps a 2nd.

Also Anders Lee was playing this season in a very defensively responsible system with Barry Trotz. That production is nothing to scoff at.

-------

Anders Lee would be a great fit on this team. I think he'll get a smidgen less than Hayes but I'd much rather be paying Lee. I'd be very happy going into next season with him and Zucc.

Last edited:

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto

Staz, come on down!

There has to be unless he plans to be over the cap to start the season. It is Miller or Staz. I would still love a Barrie for Kadri and Zaitsev and then Zaitsev for Miller and Clarkson trade.

If Gusev and Subban come in at 3 million they are 8 million over the cap. They either need to move just Stastny or Miller and Clarkson to get under. Unless they can find takers for Eakin and Reaves.

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
There has to be unless he plans to be over the cap to start the season. It is Miller or Staz. I would still love a Barrie for Kadri and Zaitsev and then Zaitsev for Miller and Clarkson trade.

If Gusev and Subban come in at 3 million they are 8 million over the cap. They either need to move just Stastny or Miller and Clarkson to get under. Unless they can find takers for Eakin and Reaves.
Why does it have to be Miller or Staz? Why can't it be one of their top 6 wingers that they have an abundance of.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
It sounds like based on McPhees comments that Clarkson is not a problem that he is using offseason LTIR like Lou did for the Leafs. So more than likely he will just need to shed about 6 million more and not 10.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If Stastny wanted to be here and Sakic wanted him here he'd be here. This unhealthy obsession needs to stop at one point.
Pretty much my stance on Stastny. We could of signed him last summer. Sakic didn't want him last year, so I'm not sure why he'd want him this summer either.

Reactions: Foxtail
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad