Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 19-20 part XXXVI | “Who needs C's with all these D's?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Can't wait for a brutal July 1st followed by regression and missing the playoffs!

Imagine how low the Avs faceoff percentage will be with Mack Jost Compher Kam!

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
My guess is either a Barrie trade to Florida where we take on a lot of cap to allow them to sign Panarin + Bob (obviously would have to get something very good), or a Subban-esque trade where we acquire Malkin at his full cap hit without sending much salary back to Pittsburgh.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Don’t get this thought... you don’t want Rants offer sheeted, but that deal would work out. But even if he was offer sheeted, it is an easy match. More than that though... multi tasking is possible. They can sign UFAs, trade, the offer sheets (that won’t happen) can all happen simultaneously.

Only referring to RFAs and offer sheets. Avs reportedly aren’t on the same page as Rantanen’s camp but they’re going to go negotiate the type of deal it takes to poach a RFA from another team? Nah. That makes zero sense.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In fairness to Brassard he played really well in game 6 and 7 against San Jose.

I'm not saying we should keep him but he wasn't as bad as people are saying, he was way better than Kerfoot in the playoffs, for example.

I feel like he was misused but using rentals properly is difficult.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Only referring to RFAs and offer sheets. Avs reportedly aren’t on the same page as Rantanen’s camp but they’re going to go negotiate the type of deal it takes to poach a RFA from another team? Nah. That makes zero sense.

Where are these reports?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If we don't keep Wilson do we have the smallest bottom 9 in the league now that Soda is gone?

Reactions: CobraAcesS

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
My guess is either a Barrie trade to Florida where we take on a lot of cap to allow them to sign Panarin + Bob (obviously would have to get something very good), or a Subban-esque trade where we acquire Malkin at his full cap hit without sending much salary back to Pittsburgh.
There's been whispers about Huberdeau for a while, I wonder how crazy of a ++ to Barrie it would need to be even with a cap dump.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Even then... Let's just say the Avs can sign Aho on July 1 to an 7 year ~9m per deal. Should they not do that because Mikko wants paid ~11m? Negotiations don't have to be exclusive. It isn't like they have to check off all the RFAs before investigating other RFAs. Now I'm the first to say that an offer sheet isn't going to happen. They are so rare, nobody should plan on them... but I don't get the logic of having to have everything checked off before sniffing around the RFA market.

Reactions: Ryan Patsky

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Even then... Let's just say the Avs can sign Aho on July 1 to an 7 year ~9m per deal. Should they not do that because Mikko wants paid ~11m? Negotiations don't have to be exclusive. It isn't like they have to check off all the RFAs before investigating other RFAs. Now I'm the first to say that an offer sheet isn't going to happen. They are so rare, nobody should plan on them... but I don't get the logic of having to have everything checked off before sniffing around the RFA market.

Yeah Carolina will definitely sign a retaliatory offersheet to Rantanen..... :|

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
So far this is the forward group:
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-X-X
Nieto-Jost-Compher
Calvert-Kamenev-X

I like the group as long as it includes at least two fairly big FAs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah Carolina will definitely sign a retaliatory offersheet to Rantanen..... :|

Hypothetically... I'd take Aho at $2m less than Rants (realistically probably less than 1m difference) and for swapping 4 firsts for 4 years. I'd bet the Avs would improve their pick at least 2 years of the 4. Not gonna happen, but I'd say game on for that swap.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Carolina reportedly offered 6M X 8 years to Aho so I'd not be worried about them offer sheeting anyone. :laugh:

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
So far this is the forward group:
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-X-X
Nieto-Jost-Compher
Calvert-Kamenev-X

I like the group as long as it includes at least two fairly big FAs.

Nah,

I believe the forward group is:

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Kerfoot
X-Jost-Rantanen
Nieto-Compher-X
Calvert-Kamenev-X

I think their plan will be to roll with Jost and Compher as 2C/3C

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Nah,

X-Jost-Rantanen
Nieto-Compher-X
Calvert-Kamenev-X

Yeah, and likely try to sign a Panarin/Zuccarello to drive that 2nd line along with Rantanen

Then Jost can sit back and properly develop (or so is the hope)

Makes sense and is completely the Avs’ MO, too

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Nah,

X-Jost-Rantanen
Nieto-Compher-X
Calvert-Kamenev-X

Excuse me, did you intend to put Kerfoot on the 4th line but accidentally flip upside down?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So how will top 6 look like if Zuccarello signs?

Btw...sounds like Brassard screwed things up around here :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad