Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 19-20 part XXXVI | “Who needs C's with all these D's?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pretty much my stance on Stastny. We could of signed him last summer. Sakic didn't want him last year, so I'm not sure why he'd want him this summer either.

I don't think Vegas is trading Stastny but things are different for the Avs this offseason. Sakic passed last summer to give the kids a chance and continue developing from within. The team took a step forward and appears ready to be a contender now but Jost/Compher/Kerfoot weren't able to take on the 2C role.

Reactions: McMetal

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I really hope this isn't just Sakic waiting for Duchene to sign in Nashville so he can trade full value for Turris.

Trading Sodaberg to save cap space makes no sense, and letting Jost be the 2C when they failed last year does not seem like a smart move. Sakic has shown to be smart more often than not.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Cause Colin Wilson is a all heart type of guy and didn't cost 6 million a year for the next however many years.... Lol Colin Wilson had 8 pts in 12 games in our playoff run. He's a sick depth guy that can slot into the top 6 for grit.

Then he instantly signed Bonino. Who has been better in the regular season and played a position of need for the Avs.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Then he instantly signed Bonino. Who has been better in the regular season and played a position of need for the Avs.

Bonino is no better than Soderberg or kerfoot who we already had. Not sure why you didn't like the Wilson signing he was solid for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad