Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXV|Landeskog: Maanmetsä???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
And most agree with me... he's the #1 prospect by a significant margin. Has been all season and is now.
He has been but not anymore. And many scouts agree with me.
And here is couple of quotes from SCOUTS about Hughes playing in the NHL next season:

"I don't believe Hughes will play in the NHL next season. He is not physically ready yet and he has never played against men." says one anonymous scout.
"Hughes can, depending which organization drafts him, play few games in the NHL but I believe he plays next season in the AHL". says one anonymous scout from the eastern conference.

So counting on Hughes being our second C or even regular winger in our next years roster is simply just wishfull thinking.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Take this stuff to the appropriate thread.

(And if anyone--though notably one poster in particular--decides to start trolling that thread, they will be thread-banned)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He has been but not anymore. And many scouts agree with me.
And here is couple of quotes from SCOUTS about Hughes playing in the NHL next season:

"I don't believe Hughes will play in the NHL next season. He is not physically ready yet and he has never played against men." says one anonymous scout.
"Hughes can, depending which organization drafts him, play few games in the NHL but I believe he plays next season in the AHL". says one anonymous scout from the eastern conference.

We all know you love your boy, and hate Hughes. There are some scouts that think he isn't NHL ready, but that can be said about nearly every single NHL prospect. Hughes will play in the NHL next year, and he will do really well. So will Kakko.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
We all know you love your boy, and hate Hughes. There are some scouts that think he isn't NHL ready, but that can be said about nearly every single NHL prospect. Hughes will play in the NHL next year, and he will do really well. So will Kakko.
This is an either-or situation. SIDE CHOOSING! TURF WARS! MANO A MANO!

Reactions: cgf and henchman21

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I don't hate Hughes. He will be a good player but a winger not a center. And I highly doubt he can play in the NHL next year. Kakko will play and that is not knock on Hughes, Kakko is just physically way more ready.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Take this stuff to the appropriate thread.

(And if anyone--though notably one poster in particular--decides to start trolling that thread, they will be thread-banned)

You can't thread-ban me, I'll thread-ban me! Wait...

I'm still hoping we dive in on Cale Morris and Nico Sturm, think we need to really look at adding organizational depth with players that can contribute sooner rather than later. Let Cale develop in the AHL, I think Sturm would be competition for Kamenev next year for the 4th line role.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO

I'm still hoping we dive in on Cale Morris and Nico Sturm, think we need to really look at adding organizational depth with players that can contribute sooner rather than later. Let Cale develop in the AHL, I think Sturm would be competition for Kamenev next year for the 4th line role.

The Mediocre Wild have taken this one away

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Agree on Morris. Sturm already signed with the Wild.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not saying I agree with his post but you can't really blame him when just last week we were seeing post just like that one about Barrie from the Barrie-lovers.

Just to be clear I'm not taking sides on Kerfoot and Barrie...just saying that what is ok to do from one side should be ok to do from the other. Fair is fair.

One is a star member of our core, the other is a fringe player on our team, mayhaps that's why they get disparate treatment? Just cause there are two sides doesn't mean that both are valid :dunno:

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We have no depth at forward and no secondary scoring so let's trade our 6th leading scorer, a 24 year old who has cracked 40 points in back to back years for prospects.

WTF is wrong with this place?

Are you pretending like Kerfoot is solving our lack of secondary scoring? We lack secondary scoring because our 6th leading scorer is Kerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad