Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XX|All Aboard the Do Nothing Train!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah f*** reclamation projects. Please don't go that route again Joe, missing the playoffs this year is bad enough.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
How depressing is it that Ottawa's situation has devolved to the point where (some of) their fans have deluded themselves into thinking we'd prefer to have their 2020 1st rather than their 2019. Oof :whaaa?:

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
What's that now?

2019 OTT 1st for 2019 OTT 2nd and 2020 OTT 1st

It's the vocal minority most likely, but there's a few arguing to the death that we'd be better off taking that deal than having two lottery picks this year.

To the point where they're saying they wouldn't do the trade on their end.

I've never been one to feel overly bad for their fanbase but man it's getting bleak.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How depressing is it that Ottawa's situation has devolved to the point where (some of) their fans have deluded themselves into thinking we'd prefer to have their 2020 1st rather than their 2019. Oof :whaaa?:
I didn't see those posts but perhaps they were referring to the 2020 draft being superior to the 2019 one.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
What if I told you multiplying 8 and 3 equals 24 which is 42 in reverse order?!?!?!

1493707110463.gif

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
2019 OTT 1st for 2019 OTT 2nd and 2020 OTT 1st

It's the vocal minority most likely, but there's a few arguing to the death that we'd be better off taking that deal than having two lottery picks this year.

To the point where they're saying they wouldn't do the trade on their end.

I've never been one to feel overly bad for their fanbase but man it's getting bleak.

Hmm...I hadn't seen that, and I've been lurking that board a bit (and having some nice private convo's with one of their more knowledgeable posters).

Whereabouts may I read this exchange, however minor it is? I see they have what appears to be a general trade rumor thread and a more specific Duchene one?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hmm...I hadn't seen that, and I've been lurking that board a bit (and having some nice private convo's with one of their more knowledgeable posters).

Whereabouts may I read this exchange, however minor it is? I see they have what appears to be a general trade rumor thread and a more specific Duchene one?
trade board

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

I mean in all fairness, next years draft is stronger and they'll likely be even worse if all of their 3 big UFA's leave. It'd depend on the lotto but I doubt the Avs move away from a sure thing, especially when this draft lines up better with their current goals.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I mean in all fairness, next years draft is stronger and they'll likely be even worse if all of their 3 big UFA's leave. It'd depend on the lotto but I doubt the Avs move away from a sure thing, especially when this draft lines up better with their current goals.

To me it boils down to giving up our ~23-30% chance at 1OV this year for their identical pick next year.

Their lack of willingness to grasp the urgency of our situation seems to be the main issue but I wouldn't do it either way for that reason.

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
So, Sakic passes on Hayes in the off-season, because he wants to much $$$.
The other top UFAs go elsewhere.
And then, 12 months from now, we're sitting here griping that Sakic did nothing for the 2nd line...again.

We don't have enough talent on the team nor in the pipeline to make a decent 2nd line.
We are going to have to (over)pay for it.

I'm ok with that, as long as we're not throwing out assets at the TDL.
Acquire those guys in the summer.

We'll have Kaut, and possibly 2 picks in the top 16 of a very forward heavy draft. This is a long term thing, and its not a big enough emergency to rush and sign bad contracts that will cripple us in the future (talk to any Tor fan about this).

How often do teams sign no one? Its pretty rare. However if that does happen it just means a ton of teams now have a lot less cap space and the Avs cap space becomes that much more valuable and will put them at a big advantage in following years.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Unless one of those guys is Joe Sakic, the GM :sarcasm:

Haha if anything I'd say its a good thing. He's clearly smarter and better at his position than I am so I would hope he would have differing and more informed opinions than myself

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
To me it boils down to giving up our ~23-30% chance at 1OV this year for their identical pick next year.

Their lack of willingness to grasp the urgency of our situation seems to be the main issue but I wouldn't do it either way for that reason.

For sure, this draft is tailor made for the Avs current needs and they really would rather not wait an extra year to get these guys in the line up. However in the end its all about the lotto. If the Sens 1st this year was 4th or 5th OA, I'd consider doing the deal listed on the trade board for another shot at the lotto balls dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad