Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XX|All Aboard the Do Nothing Train!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Who is everyones favorite prospects in this years drafts and which are you unsure of?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If you can make it 5 posts without putting Barrie into a proposal, we will link you the thread on this very subject!

Haha I was just trying to start some healthy discussion, which can be hard to do as of late.

We could talk about interesting scenario's coming up at the TDL or continue goalie talk but I figured it'd be a nice pallet cleanser.

If we want to talk about the only likely and significant big move that can happen for badger I'd be happy to crawl across the sandpaper again haha

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
So something I've been mulling over for a while...
What if we traded Barrie? Any of you have any thoughts on this scenario?

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
This is the trade proposal thread, and Barrie will most likely be traded in the next few months. We should be talking about this more.

Reactions: milehigh11

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
This is the trade proposal thread, and Barrie will most likely be traded in the next few months. We should be talking about this more.

I think there is a lot of interesting discussion to be had, for instance which teams would actually be realistically interested and what return options there would be, but it never moves past whether they should or not and that conversation is just painful for everyone.

I think its best to talk about whatever makes people the happiest and as time moves on the necessary conversations will draw themselves out through current events.

Although I think atm the most relevant conversation is whether or not the Avs will trade one of Varly or Grubby by the TDL. Sakic made the move for Grubbi because he wasn't happy with the injuries that led to having to play Hammond in the playoffs. With the way this season has gone I'd assume he'd be even more driven to nip the goaltending problem in the butt so he could evaluate the rest of his roster properly.

Reactions: Iceberg

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Now, instead of debating a likely trade scenario we get stupid John Gibson proposals.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Now, instead of debating a likely trade scenario we get stupid John Gibson proposals.

Haha in all fairness the Gibson proposal, while unlikely is a fun and fair trade topic of conversation. BSN asked for trade proposals a few weeks ago and that was very similar to 1 of the 3 I submitted. Although one of the 3 isn't possible anymore.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Haha in all fairness the Gibson proposal, while unlikely is a fun and fair trade topic of conversation. BSN asked for trade proposals a few weeks ago and that was very similar to 1 of the 3 I submitted. Although one of the 3 isn't possible anymore.

As for your original idea, i'm not sure Buffalo would be interested in Barrie, already having Risto.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Shouldnt we be shopping Soda? The man dummied a Leafs player on HNIC, that should fetch a 1st on merit alone

Right now the Avs don't have a replacement for Soda and he is doing HEAVY carrying for the massive lack of depth past the top line. If the Avs were to move him they would essentially be forfeiting any playoff hopes this year and next until they were able to obtain another similar player.

The Avs simply can't afford to move him right now which is why there isn't a lot of talk about it.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
As for your original idea, i'm not sure Buffalo would be interested in Barrie, already having Risto.

Risto sucks haha, imo he is completely irrelevant to that. TB is a player that can make them better now and going forward for a playoff push and they don't lose anything that they don't have a surplus of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad