Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XX|All Aboard the Do Nothing Train!

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The real question is, after Barrie is inevitably traded for a burly, strong defensemen that is twice the man Barrie is...Does MacKinnon demand a trade?

I know this is in jest, but I don't think we are terribly far from going down that path...

It is pretty crazy to think that Landy doesn't even have 2.5 years left on his deal.

Reactions: cgf and Avs44
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I know this is in jest, but I don't think we are terribly far from going down that path...

It is pretty crazy to think that Landy doesn't even have 2.5 years left on his deal.

Oh, it's definitely a reality I think the Avs could be facing if they don't start actually planning and working towards a strategy for the upcoming years. This sit and wait, passive react to what the world gives you instead of a proactive approach will definitely cause us to be a continual cycle of rebuilding while trading one superstar for the next "bright spot"

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
So I've been thinking about this for a while.
If Sens don't have Joe on their ignore list, we offer our first round pick (top 10 protected), jost and anyone not on our top line for Stone. We then wine and dine this guy like nothing else. Promise the top minutes with Mack, or whatever concerns he may have. Hell I'd even change our names to the Colorado Stones if he wanted.
Sign him for 8 years at 9 million. He's worth more than anyone we could draft in this year's top 10. Still have another possible lottery pick.
Pick up another FA center this summer. if we can't find the legitimate number two then move soda up and let jt take the third over. I realize it won't help our goalie situation but if we are gonna lose, let's do it 13-11.
My young daughter is still a huge Duchene fan so I watched as much senator hockey as I do Colorado. This guy is a monster. On our team he's easily our top forward. Normally a team that has Stone on it would never let him even sniff free agency. Not many opportunities like this come around. It's not like we have a huge history of drafting home runs in our first round. Not saying that this might be the case but if that locker room is getting his toxic at this board Mack will want out sooner than later.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
So I've been thinking about this for a while.
If Sens don't have Joe on their ignore list, we offer our first round pick (top 10 protected), jost and anyone not on our top line for Stone. We then wine and dine this guy like nothing else. Promise the top minutes with Mack, or whatever concerns he may have. Hell I'd even change our names to the Colorado Stones if he wanted.
Sign him for 8 years at 9 million. He's worth more than anyone we could draft in this year's top 10. Still have another possible lottery pick.
Pick up another FA center this summer. if we can't find the legitimate number two then move soda up and let jt take the third over. I realize it won't help our goalie situation but if we are gonna lose, let's do it 13-11.
My young daughter is still a huge Duchene fan so I watched as much senator hockey as I do Colorado. This guy is a monster. On our team he's easily our top forward. Normally a team that has Stone on it would never let him even sniff free agency. Not many opportunities like this come around. It's not like we have a huge history of drafting home runs in our first round. Not saying that this might be the case but if that locker room is getting his toxic at this board Mack will want out sooner than later.

They can get more than we can offer from just about anyone. We'd have to give them their pick back but thats like a fixed point in time , cant change it, cant go back, its done.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
For a UFA Stone they wouldn't get more then his theoretical offer of Col 1st + Jost + Makar. That's a ridiculously stupid overpayment for a UFA.

For a signed Stone it's perhaps closer but again Makar should not be involed in anyway.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Avs’ 1st (top 10 protected), Kaut and Kerfoot/Timmins for Stone (with an extension in place).

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Risto sucks haha, imo he is completely irrelevant to that. TB is a player that can make them better now and going forward for a playoff push and they don't lose anything that they don't have a surplus of.

Risto is their Barrie, even if Barrie is better i think they should hold on to their assets until they see what happens between Trouba and the Jets.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
For a UFA Stone they wouldn't get more then his theoretical offer of Col 1st + Jost + Makar. That's a ridiculously stupid overpayment for a UFA.

For a signed Stone it's perhaps closer but again Makar should not be involed in anyway.
Makar how's it made our team yet Einstein. So don't say things that were not in The proposal. Funny how you do that often

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Hey, does anyone remember a poster on here, his name was MarkT. He was posting a lot on here but no longer does.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I remember.

I mean, it seemed like he was posting so often and had many great discussions. I thought that he would become one of us, the hardcore Avs fans. It was fun reading him and some other posters discussing different topics. It's always welcoming to read different opinions and thoughts.

Reactions: Burnaby Joe

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I mean, it seemed like he was posting so often and had many great discussions. I thought that he would become one of us, the hardcore Avs fans. It was fun reading him and some other posters discussing different topics. It's always welcoming to read different opinions and thoughts.

Not always

Sometimes you just have to let Snowflakes melt.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Right now the Avs don't have a replacement for Soda and he is doing HEAVY carrying for the massive lack of depth past the top line. If the Avs were to move him they would essentially be forfeiting any playoff hopes this year and next until they were able to obtain another similar player.

The Avs simply can't afford to move him right now which is why there isn't a lot of talk about it.

Not true. We have Bowers.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh, it's definitely a reality I think the Avs could be facing if they don't start actually planning and working towards a strategy for the upcoming years. This sit and wait, passive react to what the world gives you instead of a proactive approach will definitely cause us to be a continual cycle of rebuilding while trading one superstar for the next "bright spot"

Sounds like we could use some:
Gibson Rakell Kadri - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Didn't know Cale Makar was on our team now. Your name isn't Missy by chance? I swear you have to be my toxic ex wife

Not once in your post did you specify anything about being on the team or not being on the team. All you said was "Colorado 1st + Jost + anyone not on the top line". Cale Makar is not on the top line.

I'm sorry if proper English is difficult for you, my apologies for not realizing you experienced such struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad