Pre-Game Talk: Avs @ Pens 7:30pm (Gwydyr Has the GDT?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
It's going to be very hard scoring on Varlamov. For some reason he's some godlike goalie. I guess Patrick Roy and their new goalie coach is helping him a lot. Probably be a 2-1 game for either side. Can't see us scoring many on him.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
It's going to be very hard scoring on Varlamov. For some reason he's some godlike goalie. I guess Patrick Roy and their new goalie coach is helping him a lot. Probably be a 2-1 game for either side. Can't see us scoring many on him.

Giguere is starting for the Avs

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Pumped for this one. Two of the best records in the league. Duchene/Mackinnon vs Sid/Geno. Sid's gonna have a 3 pt night. I'd bet money on it.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
You can just tell this one's going to be high scoring. I think both sides are going to be too amped up for it to be a defensive struggle.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Should be an interesting game. Hope the Pens' defense is clicking tonight... the Avs are fast.

Hope Sid is able to keep his point streak alive (same goes for Kunitz, Dupuis and Malkin).

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
What happened to the pregame threads anyway?

I seriously think this could be the night where Crosby's streak ends. Doesn't matter to me anyway, I just want Olli to make it impossible for the team to send him down. :handclap:

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Definitely gonna be our toughest test yet (aside from the Bolts and Nucks). I really don't like our odds considering how thin we are looking up front without Neal and Beau. We'd better hope its a tight defensive game...

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
don't really care about this game. what i really want to see is after-the-game pics of Crosby and his bosom buddies getting snow-cones.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Definitely gonna be our toughest test yet (aside from the Bolts and Nucks). I really don't like our odds considering how thin we are looking up front without Neal and Beau. We'd better hope its a tight defensive game...

Me thinks it's what the Avs will want as well, watched a bit of their game in Boston 2 weeks ago and that's exactly how they played, with Giguere making the big saves

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
The Mentor vs. The Protégés

Should be a good one, I'd expect Crosby and Malkin to have their way with our D this game.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I wish we could trade 3rd lines with them.

I want one guy from the avs that fills a nice hole. Giguere, perfect French mentor for Fleury to keep his head out of his own blackhole. Able to step in a play 20 + games and when fleury goes belly up again he can step in and be somewhat solid

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens are due for a letdown game.

And you can usually feel one coming. The last game they were outplayed, and were lucky to have won. Just like when a team is on a long losing streak and has a good game that they just come up short, and it signals good things ahead, I have a feeling that this game might not go as we hope.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
The Pens are due for a letdown game.

And you can usually feel one coming. The last game they were outplayed, and were lucky to have won. Just like when a team is on a long losing streak and has a good game that they just come up short, and it signals good things ahead, I have a feeling that this game might not go as we hope.
Pens just need Neal and Bennett back ASAP. The 3rd and 4th lines as currently constructed are going to get dominated against good teams without them in the lineup. The biggest mismatch i'm worried about in this game is the Mackinnon line destroying Sutter's line. Pens will win this only if Crosby and Malkin can handily outperform the Duchene and Stastny lines.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Crosby is gonna have one of those special games. I can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad