GDT: Avs @ Jets • Sat Mar 12, 6PM [No tank talk in GDT please]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
You guys! Man, am I ever enjoying these meaningless games. It's become fun to just watch a hockey game again. I have been thoroughly entertained by these most recent games because I'm just having a blast watching the progression, or lack of progression, of the rookies and prospects.

[This] season, and probably next season will not result in playoffs I'm guessing. Pain for gain in a season or two from now, I hope.

I'm okay with this, actually. I've got my Jets back in Winnipeg, I get to attend several games a season, and my interest in hockey hasn't been this intense since 1996.

I'm the glass half-full guy. Actually, I'm the guy who looks at the half full glass and realizes I've had a drink and will shortly fill the glass again.

Go Jets go! Tank Commander is in goal, so the result will probably be a hard fought loss, and I'm okay with that. Sorry for the brief tank talk, so if this needs to be edited that's not the worst thing that will happen today.

I'm hoping for a entertaining game.

Last edited:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
So Peluso is out 16 weeks with shoulder surgery? Look what I tweeted within seconds of him coming off the ice:

Where's my medal

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
We need Wellwood back. Can we get him out of retirement and just use him on the PP?

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
be careful. you might be out for 16 weeks with all that self-backpatting and all :)

Safety Moment:

Don't read HF Boards while eating for posts as above will make you Laugh (then choke on what your eating, you almost killed me Hannu!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Poor Peluso. :(

Peluso doesn't get a lot of love around here. (Is there a prize for understatment?)
But:
He has worked hard to become a real hockey player. He has had some success, if not much. He makes some frustrating mistakes and he takes too many minor penalties. OTOH his fore-checking is pretty good. I'm not sure but I think his D zone play has improved. Still bad but less bad. I looked up his Warrior chart. I'm not sure how meaningful it is with the small sample size available but his shot suppression numbers are actually pretty good. I think he was having a pretty good season by his standards. Too bad he got hurt. Bottom line is that he probably deserves more respect than he gets around here.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wait, so the Jets are playing still? :laugh:

I was away for work last week (Orlando) and I never even logged on to GCL. Part of it was the fact that I was working long days and when I was off I actually wanted to go out and see things, but the big part of it is, I find it really hard to watch when there is nothing to watch for.

Sure, there is some interest watching Dano or Armia or Ehlers and the callups that might come around, but it's not like preseason when the guys are trying to make the team and you are excited about the promise of a new season.

I just find it really hard to watch. Part of that is the bitter disappointment I feel about this season but a big part of it is I feel like 'whats the point?'

Does that make me a bad Jets fan?

Yes! You're terrible! ;)

I am in the habit of PVR'ing all games and watching without commercials and the minimum between periods, etc. I am FF'ing more all the time. Its surprising how much feel for the flow of the game you can get that way but you sure miss a lot of detail. :laugh: I back up and watch each goal until I know what happened. Lately I am even beginning to lose interest in that. So I guess I am a 'bad fan' too. Anything else would be unnatural. :)

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Yes! You're terrible! ;)

I am in the habit of PVR'ing all games and watching without commercials and the minimum between periods, etc. I am FF'ing more all the time. Its surprising how much feel for the flow of the game you can get that way but you sure miss a lot of detail. :laugh: I back up and watch each goal until I know what happened. Lately I am even beginning to lose interest in that. So I guess I am a 'bad fan' too. Anything else would be unnatural. :)

Me three.

"bitter disappointment" would be a perfect expression for myself after every game. I'm now PVRing the games and starting yo watch an hour in so I can fast forward commercials and almost half the games. I'm disheartened by the Jets results and the idea of people excited about losses. I understand the concept. It just goes against my nature. I'd like to see a few wins including tonight but I'm losing heart. Guess I'm a bad fan too.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wait, so the Jets are playing still? :laugh:

I was away for work last week (Orlando) and I never even logged on to GCL. Part of it was the fact that I was working long days and when I was off I actually wanted to go out and see things, but the big part of it is, I find it really hard to watch when there is nothing to watch for.

Sure, there is some interest watching Dano or Armia or Ehlers and the callups that might come around, but it's not like preseason when the guys are trying to make the team and you are excited about the promise of a new season.

I just find it really hard to watch. Part of that is the bitter disappointment I feel about this season but a big part of it is I feel like 'whats the point?'

Does that make me a bad Jets fan?

No it doesn't make you a bad fan. Its been a grinding season and if I was in Orlando I might unplug as well. I have to admit I have two tickets to tonights game and my wife has the flu and I might just decide to stay home and watch the game on tv. I am still kind of 50-50. I get that we are taking a step back this season but watching a friend get beat up is never easy.

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
You guys! Man, am I ever enjoying these meaningless games. It's become fun to just watch a hockey game again. I have been thoroughly entertained by these most recent games because I'm just having a blast watching the progression, or lack of progression, of the rookies and prospects.

[This] season, and probably next season will not result in playoffs I'm guessing. Pain for gain in a season or two from now, I hope.

I'm okay with this, actually. I've got my Jets back in Winnipeg, I get to attend several games a season, and my interest in hockey hasn't been this intense since 1996.

I'm the glass half-full guy. Actually, I'm the guy who looks at the half full glass and realizes I've had a drink and will shortly fill the glass again.

Go Jets go! Tank Commander is in goal, so the result will probably be a hard fought loss, and I'm okay with that. Sorry for the brief tank talk, so if this needs to be edited that's not the worst thing that will happen today.

I'm hoping for a entertaining game.

Now that the plan has really become evident I guess the question is - are we going to be an edmonton, toronto, nashville or chicago? Time will tell and I hope its the latter!

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Now that the plan has really become evident I guess the question is - are we going to be an edmonton, toronto, nashville or chicago? Time will tell and I hope its the latter!

We are going to a Winnipeg and we are going to make the playoffs more often than not and be a true contender.we have everything falling into place.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Feels like we are building a Chicago light...
Scrappy two way Canadian center who takes hockey too seriously (Scheifele/Toews) flanked by a European with high skill and great hands (Ehlers/Hossa). Next year we will be putting in flashy American sniper on our second line (Connor/Kane)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We are going to a Winnipeg and we are going to make the playoffs more often than not and be a true contender.we have everything falling into place.

I like your optimism but there is still plenty of room for this to go sideways.

Feels like we are building a Chicago light...
Scrappy two way Canadian center who takes hockey too seriously (Scheifele/Toews) flanked by a European with high skill and great hands (Ehlers/Hossa). Next year we will be putting in flashy American sniper on our second line (Connor/Kane)

And I like your parallel. If we get lottery luck it might not even be Chicago light.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The Melchiori era begins. Weren't all 6D at the morning skate?

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Peluso doesn't get a lot of love around here. (Is there a prize for understatment?)
But:
He has worked hard to become a real hockey player. He has had some success, if not much. He makes some frustrating mistakes and he takes too many minor penalties. OTOH his fore-checking is pretty good. I'm not sure but I think his D zone play has improved. Still bad but less bad. I looked up his Warrior chart. I'm not sure how meaningful it is with the small sample size available but his shot suppression numbers are actually pretty good. I think he was having a pretty good season by his standards. Too bad he got hurt. Bottom line is that he probably deserves more respect than he gets around here.

I like Peluso, he seems like a good guy, but he'll never be a good enough player to make up for all those penalties.

I predict we out play and outshoot them, yet still lose. Like seemingly every other game vs the Avs this season.

*vs everyone

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The Melchiori era begins. Weren't all 6D at the morning skate?

Yeah, my guess is Buff didn't feel particularly well after the practice? I don't think you are allowed to use an emergency callup unless you legitimately have less than 6D. It seems like awfully short notice though, less than an hour before the game. Might we ice a lineup with 5 D tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad