GDT: Avs @ Habs | 5:30 MT 7:30 Frenchie Canadian time | Let's get the win for my mental health

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Imagine this team getting some help at the TDL, just capable depth players if we can´t get that 2C.....

It´s great to score 8 goals against the Laval Rocket, but man, i still strongly dislike our GM at the moment for that shitshow at the TDL....

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
Also, Cassie Pascal-Campbell seriously was making things up for the storyline in the intermission segments. Kept saying that Byram was out due to concussion issues this season and how Avs were only four points behind the Flames...without realising that they have like three to four games in hand on everyone else.
4 points behind Flames ?

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Get over it. This team is good enough to get to the finals

giphy.gif

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Imagine this team getting some help at the TDL, just capable depth players if we can´t get that 2C.....

It´s great to score 8 goals against the Laval Rocket, but man, i still strongly dislike our GM at the moment for that shitshow at the TDL....
Imagine this team selling all their remaining futures for a season where every other week a top 6/4 player exits the lineup for an extended time.

Imagine the offseason convos about the incompetent GM who should have seen this wasn't the Avs year and now there is nothing cheap in the system to possibly help while the league rides out a flat cap.

Reactions: Frobbo and AvsFan29

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

You should hate our GM. Now we have another injury and are back to having extreme depth problems.

CMac f***ed us so hard. If I was Sakic I would have fired him the second the trade deadline was over and no moves were made. It was a complete joke that he did nothing to help the team get better.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Imagine this team selling all their remaining futures for a season where every other week a top 6/4 player exits the lineup for an extended time.

Imagine the offseason convos about the incompetent GM who should have seen this wasn't the Avs year and now there is nothing cheap in the system to possibly help while the league rides out a flat cap.
And anyone making that argument would be out to lunch. This was supposed to be a cup run year, injuries or not. This is the window should be going for it no matter what.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
And anyone making that argument would be out to lunch. This was supposed to be a cup run year, injuries or not. This is the window should be going for it no matter what.
Probably, but I guarantee that would be predominant if the CMac took a big swing and failed (Sakic would probably have gotten some leeway)
Trying to pop back into this board throughout the year and I realize it's still the same.
This place prefers to be miserable whether the team is a top 10 team in the league or a bottom 10 team.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I remember when most people here wanted Sakic fired after just one season as GM....good times.
Sakic when he took over didn't have a Cup caliber team. CMac had 1 job this year, which was make sure we had enough pieces to make another legit run at a Cup. He didn't come close to achieving this.

In Sakic terms his first year we just didn't like that our progress towards getting better was slow or non existent. You can live with that. CMac not getting this team the piece they needed for a Cup run is pathetic and he should be fired. He legit had one of the easiest jobs out there for all GMs and he failed.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016

And that´s why Tampa went to the finals 3 years in a row and we, probably, will not.

If thats our, or your, approach, so be it. I am ok with that and respect you opinion.

But having the core in place, Mac on the last year of his sweetheart-deal and 7 Mill Landeskog-LTIR-money, and, being the defending champ and than play it "safel" is not my approach. And my bet is, it´s also not the approach for a MacKinnon or Rantanen or any other player either. They want to win that damn thing again.
What kind of message does this send to the players....?

And if Lars Eller for a 2nd ist the best you can get (and overpay in that process), than something went wrong. Betting on Landeskog getting game-ready, which he should´ve been by january, btw, or JT Compher suddenly solves our 2nd line Center problem is bold, very bold. If it pans out, great.
You can mock me however you want in June then. ;) No problem with that if it means we won it all again.

Next season our cap crunch really kicks in. I prefer to got for it as long as this window and our cap allows it. And not play it conservative again. That allready did not end well when we went out to grab the corps of Soderberg and Nemeth. And this deadline has the same vibes all over again. In defend to Sakic, that season we probably weren´t ready to go all the way, ok, but come on, Soderberg and Nemeth was really the best we could get?

But this season we are a contender, the defending champ. There are no excuses for another "Nemeth/Soderberg" Deadline.

That´s my opinion.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I prefer his outlook over the Chicken Little approach
Me too.

But at the same time i see the unsolved "problems" on this roster and that dampens my optimism, sorry for that. Maybe I´m a little to pessimistic. I have no problem to admit that.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
And that´s why Tampa went to the finals 3 years in a row and we, probably, will not.

If thats our, or your, approach, so be it. I am ok with that and respect you opinion.

[snip]

And if Lars Eller for a 2nd ist the best you can get (and overpay in that process), than something went wrong. Betting on Landeskog getting game-ready, which he should´ve been by january, btw, or JT Compher suddenly solves our 2nd line Center problem is bold, very bold. If it pans out, great.
You can mock me however you want in June then. ;) No problem with that if it means we won it all again.
[snip]

But this season we are a contender, the defending champ. There are no excuses for another "Nemeth/Soderberg" Deadline.

That´s my opinion.
Nope, I was frustrated by this TDL as well and agree the Eller trade was an overpay, but this Avs FO has proven me wrong more often than not.

It also wasn't directed to mock you or anyone. My apologies if you took that as a direct shot.
Just an observation about how many long-timers here seemingly prefer to "enjoy" their fandom.
I've rooted for some horrific teams since the '80s in multiple sports, so when I actually have a team that is in the top tier, I prefer to try and enjoy the ride knowing it is likely going to end in some disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad