GDT: Avs @ Habs | 5:30 MT 7:30 Frenchie Canadian time | Let's get the win for my mental health

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Sakic when he took over didn't have a Cup caliber team. CMac had 1 job this year, which was make sure we had enough pieces to make another legit run at a Cup. He didn't come close to achieving this.

In Sakic terms his first year we just didn't like that our progress towards getting better was slow or non existent. You can live with that. CMac not getting this team the piece they needed for a Cup run is pathetic and he should be fired. He legit had one of the easiest jobs out there for all GMs and he failed.
And the season prior to winning the cup people were shitting on Sakic for not making the right moves to win that year. We won the year after. We might have had one more cup by now or we might have had zero also because he might have spent most of his trading chips that season in a playoffs run where we ended up with a lot of injuries. We will never know. What we 100% know is that he won us one cup a year after. Maybe we should give CMac a little bit of rope before making him walk the plank off the ship.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Mine was a direct shot tho.

View attachment 668874

giphy (10).gif

:wg:

Reactions: JoeSakic13

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Sakic when he took over didn't have a Cup caliber team. CMac had 1 job this year, which was make sure we had enough pieces to make another legit run at a Cup. He didn't come close to achieving this.

In Sakic terms his first year we just didn't like that our progress towards getting better was slow or non existent. You can live with that. CMac not getting this team the piece they needed for a Cup run is pathetic and he should be fired. He legit had one of the easiest jobs out there for all GMs and he failed.

Lol no, the easiest job is rebuilding with low expectations for the team's immediate success. CMac has very hard job and unfortunately, the NHL warned against that loop hole where you can sit out a star all year and go into the playoffs with a 100M roster. If this was a shorten season like Tampa in 2021, I bet we would have fully used the landeskog LTIR money.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs could have easily used LTIR money (they are going to anyway with Eller), they just didn't find a deal they wanted.

The expectations are high, but really they should be. This team lost some good pieces last summer, but they were addressable pieces. We've seen the prices it would have cost to replace those guys and the Avs simply didn't feel the costs were worth it. Only time will tell how this plays out. Either CMac ends with an A++ and Avs with the Cup... or he ends up with an F with a wasted contention window season. Unfair, but that is the reality.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Either CMac ends with an A++ and Avs with the Cup... or he ends up with an F with a wasted contention window season. Unfair, but that is the reality.
Only way he gets A++ is Eller wins the Conn Smythe or Newhook establishes himself as a legit 2C in the playoffs. Otherwise he doesn't get A++ even if they win the cup, he has done nothing else.

Good luck.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Only way he gets A++ is Eller wins the Conn Smythe or Newhook establishes himself as a legit 2C in the playoffs. Otherwise he doesn't get A++ even if they win the cup, he has done nothing else.

Good luck.
Any year you win the Cup it is an A++ year IMO. Doing so without spending firsts or top (lol) prospects would be a huge win.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Good luck.

I get the sentiment, but he ultimately chose this path. If his belief in the team as it is comes to fruition. You just have to tip your hat.

I 100% view it the same way as Hench stated. It's a huge gamble. I do think those projections with Landeskog in the lineup as far as team strength are what he's basing his confidence on.

If Landy doesn't make it back there is no chance. That's the fly in Cmac's soup here I think.

I never fully gave Sakic a 5 until we won. Mostly because of years like this where they were to conservative. Dude went and made the same mistake, but that has to play out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad