Post-Game Talk: Avs - Flames 3-2 || Defenders? We don't need no stinkin' defenders!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Can someone fill me in with what happened between Talbot and ROR? I feel like I keep reading one said something about the other to the media?

Quite literally, from the words of our beat writer who says he was in the room, nothing happened.

TVA, a Canadian TV channel had some on-air reporter/broadcaster who claimed that they got into a verbal altercation after the Oilers game. It has so far been unsubstantiated, so it's a non-issue. And even if it were true it would've likely been as a result of the way the team played against Edmonton.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
8 points in his last 8 games: Johnny Malkin

Say what you want about the guy, but he back checks hard, continues to produce and actually gets a lot of steals/take aways and picks off errant passes by the other team. He's been great at getting the play going the other way. I'd be ok with signing all of Mitchell, ROR and Staz for next year.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
So the oppurtunity is there for MacKinnon to win the calder imo. I know he started off in the 3rd line and he's running hot and cold from period to period but he's better offensively than Hertl and I don't see any rookie getting more than 60 pts but Mac can do it for sure. If our PP was decent then he'd probably have a few more.

Missed the third period but Duchene looks like he's almost back up to full speed, puck's just not going in for him.

Mant*

Idk , but that's only our 3 win , after the other team scored the first goal of the game

BUT, that's 3 wins out of 10 games when not scoring first. That's actually not too bad considering how often the first team to score wins the game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
TVA, a Canadian TV channel had some on-air reporter/broadcaster who claimed that they got into a verbal altercation after the Oilers game. It has so far been unsubstantiated, so it's a non-issue. And even if it were true it would've likely been as a result of the way the team played against Edmonton.

I'd like to know if anyone other than that one poster even heard this on TVA.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Haha, what happened here? :laugh: Gigueeere!

Jiggy felt he was interfered on the first goal, got an unsportsmanlike for the play

Nice to see the boys win in person, mack's acceleration on tv doesn't give it justice

Nice games from Ej, Guenin , Barrie, and Talbot was a sparkplug in the second, i was thinking we were going to have trouble scoring until he popped one in.

Mant*

If this were a win-loss league, instead of a loser point league... Avs would be 1st overall.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
So the oppurtunity is there for MacKinnon to win the calder imo. I know he started off in the 3rd line and he's running hot and cold from period to period but he's better offensively than Hertl and I don't see any rookie getting more than 60 pts but Mac can do it for sure. If our PP was decent then he'd probably have a few more.

Missed the third period but Duchene looks like he's almost back up to full speed, puck's just not going in for him.

At this point, I think it's Krug's to lose.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
8 points in his last 8 games: Johnny Malkin

31 points in 74 games as an Avalache player. That's good production for a bottom six forward that doesn't get a lot of PP time. He seems to think pass and tries to make faster decisions lately, which makes him more effective.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I thought this was interesting in Dater's sulia post:

1. Max Talbot finally got a goal, and it was a big one. But his best play of the night was knocking a D-man off the puck and then setting up PA Parenteau for the Avs' second goal of the night. Talbot has had some personal stuff that has made his transition to Denver difficult, but he's kept playing hard and tonight was rewarded.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Talbot personal stuff I think is his fiancée is due soon and it was pretty unsettling for him to get traded and leave her. I think he told the Montreal media that she had to sell their house herself. Hopefully she is in Colorado now.

As far as the Calder, don't see a defenseman not named Jones get it unless they are the points leader. I think it will come down to points and MacK does have a shot to lead it.

Some gems from the boxscore, EJ adds +1 to his total so I think that's +18 now. McGinn was credited with 6 missed shots.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
That was nice to come back and win, what I was disappointed with was our guys looking so lost on the PP...
Well, at least we came back and saw some play from Mr T... what a sweet move to feed goal number 2!
On to the Big V, yep there is lots of humor in Canada, from the motto, "Follow the Beaver" to the chain restaurant;" Lick a Chick"...
So, what do we want to fill the Big V with this Sunday? 6 goals?
Go Avs!

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Just got home after going out post game

Cut it close but it was nice to see a win in person

When i lived in edmonton it was just loss after loss. Too buzzed to analyze but who knew talbot could still beast mode like that?

awesome. Cheers guys lets wreck vancouver's **** next.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Yeah...the PP is pretty unsettling they almost always enter the zone and cough up the puck immediately and when they do manage to hang onto the puck they just pass the puck around and lose it. Hopefully Roy tries to correct this because they won't get far with that PP.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs PP have dropped to 23rd and PK to 17th in the league. Luckily they're one of the better 5 on 5 teams in the league, so the team has picked up wins here and there even though special teams failed to get it done.

I'm not sure what is a realistic expectation for Avs PP with the players they have. Tanguay did seem to have more success in finding openings from the point than the others players do, but he doesn't have much of a shot either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad