Post-Game Talk: Avs - Flames 3-2 || Defenders? We don't need no stinkin' defenders!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Don't make him angry. You won't like him when he's angry.

21mw6fa.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Talbot the #1 star and EJ the #3 star. Both played great tonight.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Pretty good game overall. I was at the game and I gotta say talbot and EJ were the most impressive. Everyone seemed so tight and scared up until talbot scored and then everything started clicking.

Duchene has some crazy moves but he just gots to learn how to finish.

Last observation, theres quite a bit of Colorado fans up here it's pretty refreshing.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Last five games Avs haven't gotten any offense from Duchene, Stastny, McGinn and O'Reilly. That needs to change. Part of it is a cold power play but they can do better in even strength too.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
The fact that the team has won 3 of the last 5 games with little/no production from those guys is pretty good though.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
If someone had told you before the season started that the Avs would lose 7 out of their first 27 games, would you have believed them?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No he doesn't. He's still explosive and making nifty moves. He just isn't using his teammates and he's pressing hard. He looked a little slow the first two games he came back from but he's been moving better lately. Just needs to start passing again.

Yeah, I would agree with this but I thought he did a better job using his linemates today. Like you said he's getting frustrated and squeezing his stick. Not in the least bit worried about him, he'll get a goal soon then he'll relax and play his game.

I'd play Giggy Sunday too. Varly sucks in western canada...just rest him up until the 'Yotes come to town.

It's not as if he forgets how to play when he comes to Canada, it's just that the avs have sucked in their division (Calgary,Van,Oilers) under Sacco. Play him in Vancouver and get over that train wreck of a game in Edmonton.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Mike Chambers tweeted this last night during the Oilers game:

#Avs are 17-0 when scoring first, 16-0 when leading after two periods ... And they are 0-5 when trailing after 1

Thus, I think we can officially call it 1-6. :D

NormMac

Nov 23, 2011
Calgary
Great game was there and Talbot was outstanding jut flying everywhere.
EJ was solid like usual, Duchenes line was pretty good and surprisingly our d wasn't awful.

But I thought I'd share this, ran into Mr.****ing joe Sakic at the end of the game coolest thing ever. Was a super great guy and it was obvious he was in a rush but he still took the time to take a picture. Classy like always.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Can someone fill me in with what happened between Talbot and ROR? I feel like I keep reading one said something about the other to the media?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
MacK 3 goals in 4 games :D

Someone mentioned how Duchene had a similar uptick in production literally during the exactly commensurate games on the schedules (Nov.27-). Hockey is definitely more than chaos theory.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Just got back from the game. Someone told Talbot it was game 7 tonight. Great game by him.

Dat D though............aside from EJ and Benoit.
37568087.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad