Post-Game Talk: Avs - Flames 3-2 || Defenders? We don't need no stinkin' defenders!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
There has to be some reason why they don't use EJ at the left point and set him up for one-timers. Maybe they feel he won't get the shot through or that he's better at making passes from the right side? For three years now they haven't done it and it can't just be a coaching blunder. At least I hope it isn't.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just got back from the game. Someone told Talbot it was game 7 tonight. Great game by him.

Dat D though............aside from EJ and Benoit.
37568087.jpg

After last game he just assumed our season was on the line and did the talbot thing to do in that situation.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
There has to be some reason why they don't use EJ at the left point and set him up for one-timers. Maybe they feel he won't get the shot through or that he's better at making passes from the right side? For three years now they haven't done it and it can't just be a coaching blunder. At least I hope it isn't.

Ive been wondering this too... EJ has a bomb doesnt he? Its been so long since Ive seen it that I forget haha

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

To be honest I've never seen anything to suggest EJ would be good with a one timer. Maybe he is, but to me it just doesn't seem like it's his forte.

The best one timer I've seen in recent history with the Avs was O'Reilly last year. He was amazing with it, and he knew how to keep backing up while the puck was moving toward him to open up the lane, instead of just standing stationary and waiting for the puck which in todays league easily gives the forward time to block it. He was also great at being the setup man when the shot wasn't there.

IMO they need to be playing him on the point on the PP. He's so smart out there he's easily the best guy to "run" things from the point, and he can play good defense in case he needs to skate back. PAP has never looked good on the point, I don't know why they keep trying him there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another thing with O'Reilly is his ability to keep the puck in. He just finds a way to do it. PAP is either out of position or just very bad at keeping it in most of the time. I don't think Benoit is all that good on the PP either.

Maybe they should try loading up one unit and see what they can do. Duchene, Stastny, and Landeskog up front with O'Reilly and EJ at the point.

EJ is now +18 and tied for second in in the league in that category.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Another thing with O'Reilly is his ability to keep the puck in. He just finds a way to do it. PAP is either out of position or just very bad at keeping it in most of the time. I don't think Benoit is all that good on the PP either.

Maybe they should try loading up one unit and see what they can do. Duchene, Stastny, and Landeskog up front with O'Reilly and EJ at the point.

EJ is now +18 and tied for second in in the league in that category.

3rd star of the game. Well deserved, too. He's having an amazing season.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Guys, our record would be so filthy if we had 3 OT losses... 20-4-3, tied for second in the league, and 4 points ahead of Minny with 4 games in hand... :cry:

The good news is Minny's next three games are SJS, ANA, and SJS again, and our next three games are VAN, PHX, and WIN. Then we are up against MIN again. This is our chance to really pull away from Minny.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
dude don't worry, i'm easily the most humble person of all time

I think that it was a general comment , i doubt that he was talking about you .
The last two games that we were arrogant vs the other team we ended up having our ass quick ( St-Louis and Edm )

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Quite literally, from the words of our beat writer who says he was in the room, nothing happened.

TVA, a Canadian TV channel had some on-air reporter/broadcaster who claimed that they got into a verbal altercation after the Oilers game. It has so far been unsubstantiated, so it's a non-issue. And even if it were true it would've likely been as a result of the way the team played against Edmonton.
I'd like to know if anyone other than that one poster even heard this on TVA.

i watched every sports news ( Québec ) yesterday and they didnt say a word about it . Even RDS were quiet , and usually when it's something negatif about the Avs they are usually the first to jump on it .

8 points in his last 8 games: Johnny Malkin

sell high :sarcasm:

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
MAX TALBOT said:
It's about time. I've waited a lot of games for this as an Av and I felt right after the goal, you've got 50 pounds off your shoulders. Your head is a little higher and the play slows down for you.
— Max Talbot on scoring his first goal since being traded to the Avalanche on October 31

madmax6.jpg

This man now weighs 140 lbs

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

EJ likes to skate it along the wall on the power play from time to time or will jump into the fray to keep it in the zone. I think he'd be limited in that department if he had to play the off-side.

Still think we need someone able to muck it up in the slot and create some traffic, put in some deflections and get to rebounds quickly. Right now Roy has someone crashing the net, which sometimes works but too many teams are prepared for it.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Sounds like I missed a good one. Bartender at the concert would change the channel from TSN (replay after replay after replay) for a local NHL game. Oh well though.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Guys, our record would be so filthy if we had 3 OT losses... 20-4-3, tied for second in the league, and 4 points ahead of Minny with 4 games in hand... :cry:

The good news is Minny's next three games are SJS, ANA, and SJS again, and our next three games are VAN, PHX, and WIN. Then we are up against MIN again. This is our chance to really pull away from Minny.

We still have 4 games in hand on Minny

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd say Peter Mueller had the best one timer when it comes to recent Avs. He had a laser of a shot and it was very accurate. Unfortunately he couldn't stay healthy for long.

He was longer ago, and we saw his one timer about as much as we saw O'Reilly's.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Don't make him angry. You won't like him when he's angry.

21mw6fa.gif

I like how he started cleaning his crease immediately afterwards like nothing happened. I just picture him whistling under his mask. "La di da."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad