GDT: Avs @ Devils, 7:00 PM, MSG +

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Quick, weird, lazy, Casablanca inspired GDT.

The Avalanche are coming to town.
R.81e49b78a57bf775c8820369d39fcaab

giphy.gif

It's not been that bad of a year, has it?

9db5031341e3bc45315b672010798709.gif

We meant Jack. He's still a kid.

giphy.gif

No, it's St, Louis we swept, not Paris.

giphy.gif

I think you meant Sal.

tumblr_njmrmfgAkI1qdm4tlo1_500.gif

Hey, stop questioning me, we are talking about the Devils here.

d1d8e10178ff5101fe8f1092b568a25a.gif

The Devils will be fine as long as Fitz doesn't screw it up and we show a little patience.​

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
yeah i came to find out who is starting goalie. looking for a same game parlay on total av goals total goals first period and game

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Avs really need to go for it this trade deadline. Salic has been focused on value and building rather than the playoffs and this might be their one year to win. Their entire second line will be UFAs and are having great seasons. Both their goalies also look to be UFAs. Hard to see COL keeping them all together and other than Newhook they don’t seem to have a great crop of young players. As good as COL has been I can argue they have underachieved and it’s because Sakic was too conservative.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Avs really need to go for it this trade deadline. Salic has been focused on value and building rather than the playoffs and this might be their one year to win. Their entire second line will be UFAs and are having great seasons. Both their goalies also look to be UFAs. Hard to see COL keeping them all together and other than Newhook they don’t seem to have a great crop of young players. As good as COL has been I can argue they have underachieved and it’s because Sakic was too conservative.
Sakic has done an awesome job but he has been too conservative. Their window is now .Main goal is to win a cup not be awesome regular season team for a decade. It was rumoured that Sakic was in in Hall before we traded him to the Yotes, but Sakic is being too conservative. If a piece is there to put them over the top, do it!
Even if it takes a Newhook or Byram … why not ? They still have an amazing core that will keep them contenders for a long time. What’s the point of acquiring asstets if you don’t take advantage of them all? I understand that you cannot completely sell the future and handcuff your team on one or two moves but there is a time to be aggressive and that time is now. I think Vegas has the right idea with now aggressive they are but might be a little too aggressive . But at least they are going for it.
Just an example but if P Kane was available , I’d be giving the Hawks whatever it takes. That move would be one that puts them over the top and would be worth the risk in my opinion.
Yes you need quality young players on entry level deals to rotate into the lineup to remain cap compliant and competitive but when it’s your time , it’s better to realize your window and go for it.
If I was an Avs fan , I’d be pissed I’d they didn’t make a big move before the deadline.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m not sure if I’d rather just sacrifice Gilles and have him as the starter to get lit up or hope Daws can handle the start . I just don’t want Daws to get lit up and there is a very good chance that could happen against one of , if not the best , team in the NHL.

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Sakic has done an awesome job but he has been too conservative. Their window is now .Main goal is to win a cup not be awesome regular season team for a decade. It was rumoured that Sakic was in in Hall before we traded him to the Yotes, but Sakic is being too conservative. If a piece is there to put them over the top, do it!
Even if it takes a Newhook or Byram … why not ? They still have an amazing core that will keep them contenders for a long time. What’s the point of acquiring asstets if you don’t take advantage of them all? I understand that you cannot completely sell the future and handcuff your team on one or two moves but there is a time to be aggressive and that time is now. I think Vegas has the right idea with now aggressive they are but might be a little too aggressive . But at least they are going for it.
Just an example but if P Kane was available , I’d be giving the Hawks whatever it takes. That move would be one that puts them over the top and would be worth the risk in my opinion.
Yes you need quality young players on entry level deals to rotate into the lineup to remain cap compliant and competitive but when it’s your time , it’s better to realize your window and go for it.
If I was an Avs fan , I’d be pissed I’d they didn’t make a big move before the deadline.

Sakic has a bit of Shero in him. Lots of focus on value and winning trades with less focus on what it means to the team. Just my thoughts.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Sakic has a bit of Shero in him. Lots of focus on value and winning trades with less focus on what it means to the team. Just my thoughts.
I think that’s more a factor of where the team currently is. Shero made a lot of great “going for it” moves with Pittsburgh but that’s because they were a shoe-in to be competitive every year. I like that Fitz is more focused on long-term success than an immediate payoff.

The way the league works now, long-term planning is the only way IMO. You never know which of your current core pieces might not stick around as long as you think.

Thomas Drance had a great twitter post recently where, looking at the past 15+ Cup winners, it’s clear that the key to success is to be competitive for a long time and hope for all the pieces to fall just right. All this “just sneaking in” stuff is a quick fix. Cup winners are teams that are good for the better part of 10 years and happened to have those couple seasons where everything clicked at the right time.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
You think that's bad, my actual hopes for this game are so pessimistic I will not pollute the board with them. Basically leaving the game without feeling collective despair is a win imo!
That’s greatly appreciated! ;) I mostly tune in for points from our young guys. Daws has brought some optimism for me, that’s for sure. Just hope Gillies isn’t in. If he isn’t we at least have a chance.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Buddy has season tickets up in section 101. He gets 3 games a season to get club seat upgrades so tonight he is using it on this game. We're gonna be sitting in the neutral zone like 20 rows from the ice with free food and (soft) drinks. At worst I'm going to see a hell of alot of skill with Hughes , Bratt , Hamilton , Makar , MacKinnon, Rantanen etc... at best I'll get to hopefully see a Devils win !

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Nice GDT theme. We just need a photoshopped gif of Hughes and Hischier for the line at the end: "Nico, I think this is gonna be the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Buddy has season tickets up in section 101. He gets 3 games a season to get club seat upgrades so tonight he is using it on this game. We're gonna be sitting in the neutral zone like 20 rows from the ice with free food and (soft) drinks. At worst I'm going to see a hell of alot of skill with Hughes , Bratt , Hamilton , Makar , MacKinnon, Rantanen etc... at best I'll get to hopefully see a Devils win !
idk if anyone is interested, but i was on ticketmaster today

club seats literally behind our guys were on resale for $150 each. so behind the boys + inclusive food? someone should take it

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m not sure if I’d rather just sacrifice Gilles and have him as the starter to get lit up or hope Daws can handle the start . I just don’t want Daws to get lit up and there is a very good chance that could happen against one of , if not the best , team in the NHL.
I was thinking the same thing.

I'm sure if Gillies gets lit up we'll have to hear how it's the Avs so it's not his fault.

And it might not be his fault, I can't say until he plays, but the Lightning was ABSOLUTELY HIS FAULT because he allowed a NATURAL SOFT GOAL HAT TRICK in the 3rd period and it was tied until the first goal of the natural softy hatty.

The Chicago game was at least partially his fault. He let in a couple bad ones and we lost by one goal. He didn't play quite as bad as he did in the Tampa game. The Bellemare goal still ranks top-10 in my softies of the year so far and the Kucherov breakaway was about as soft as a Kucherov on a breakaway goal could be. Looked like a goal from the 70's-80's. And then a point shot that got through him was the first goal of that.

I think the staff seems to agree on that much, because we ain't seen him since.

Reactions: Devs3cups
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad