Rumor: Avs considering Tatar as circle back option [Mod Warning in OP]

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Kaut or Bowers + 2nd + Sampo Ranta (or a different C level prospect of ours). I'd be nervous sending that.

Tatar adds little else other than offense, I guess that just brings him down a bit in my eyes.

Fair enough. I doubt Sakic makes a move on Tatar anyway, he's not the type to overpay for rentals or anything really (even though he has another year left).
Habs would pass on that though, and Bergevin, for all his faults, has a good trading resume. I doubt he sells low on one of his most valuable trading pieces - as much as you dislike Tatar, he's been a great player in Montreal and is an attractive piece to add to a playoff run if your team lacks top 6 offense.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Byrams stock might be a touch down since draft day, and Newhooks up, but regardless those are the jewels of the Avs pool and theres no way they trade both.

Reactions: shello

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh yeah? can you give me the winning lottery numbers too in that crystal ball? I know Newhook is the new shiny toy but he hasnt even played a game in the NHL as Suzuki is likely going to hit 50 points.
So why do you lot want him so badly? If you think he can't be a #1 centre, there are a trillion Hab proposals that beg to differ.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
With Rantanen out for God knows how long Sakic needs to make a move for that top line winger.

I'd do Byrum for Tatar at this point. I'd even add a 2nd or 3rd to make it happen.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
So why do you lot want him so badly? If you think he can't be a #1 centre, there are a trillion Hab proposals that beg to differ.
Who says I want him so badly? I would be happy with just Byram to be honest a straight up trade of Tatar for Byram would suffice for me and if a pick is thrown in great but Newhook for ME is not the target.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Timinns could be the add from the Avs' side to make the deal go through.

I think we'd need to add a couple picks. Bryam and Timbits are good but 100% unproven. If they're going to part with an elite player like Tartar we're gonna need to give them at least 4 mystery boxes.

Reactions: Kallio

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I think we'd need to add a couple picks. Bryam and Timbits are good but 100% unproven. If they're going to part with an elite player like Tartar we're gonna need to give them at least 4 mystery boxes.
Khovalinkoh counts as two of the required mystery boxes, at least.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Personally, I like young players that have shown they can play in the NHL over prospects with no NHL experience

Suggesting Byram and newhook wouldn't return Suzuki is next level crazy. Although I don't disagree proven NHL success is nice to see

Reactions: shello

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Tatar or bust at this point. It’s been nearly 6 hours. If Sakic can’t make it happen it is time to look for a new GM.

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth
Your logic isn't necessarily true.. it's different for top ranked prospects in the NHL. For example you're stating when McDavid or Crosby were still prospects you'd trade them for a couple average NHL players since they were still prospects. Lmao now they are 2 of the best players ever in the world.
You're dead wrong. At the time, I wouldn't have traded a guy like Petry for McDavid, because McDavid was a mystery box. HF just overvalues prospects way too much.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Who says I want him so badly? I would be happy with just Byram to be honest a straight up trade of Tatar for Byram would suffice for me and if a pick is thrown in great but Newhook for ME is not the target.
I can throw in Burakovsky in that deal as well if that wets your appetite?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
With Rantanen out for God knows how long Sakic needs to make a move for that top line winger.

I'd do Byrum for Tatar at this point. I'd even add a 2nd or 3rd to make it happen.

If MB doesn't accept a deal like that he should be fired on the spot.

Sakic can basically acquire any player with all the assets he's accumulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
As a die hard Habs fan WTF is Byrams name doing in a Tatar thread at all? If Bergevin managed to pull that off they should just hand him GM of the century even tho he’s won SFA and Sakic given the George McPhee Award

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad