Rumor: Avs closing in on deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I thought the Avs had two goalies under contract for next season, with the intention of resigning Bernier.

Varlamov and Francouz

Francouz could be NHL or AHL, no way to know until he plays. Its looking unlikely Bernier returns

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Negotiations with Bernier not going well.
Can't be bad enough to warrant trading for a goalie over signing one. Unless its a cheap trade.

If they're trading for a goalie, its more likely a future move than to fill the backup role

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Im not gonna believe it until I see it. Dater has been out of the loop since he was released from the newspaper in Denver.

Last year at the draft he made it sound guaranteed that the Avs had traded Landeskog.

And if the Avs just end up trading picks I still wont believe him, but if something decent involving players happens I will give him credit.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Im not gonna believe it until I see it. Dater has been out of the loop since he was released from the newspaper in Denver.

Last year at the draft he made it sound guaranteed that the Avs had traded Landeskog.

And if the Avs just end up trading picks I still wont believe him, but if something decent involving players happens I will give him credit.

Zero recollection of that so I doubt it's true.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
McGuire saying Skinner is headed to a team in the West, could be the Avs?

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Zero recollection of that so I doubt it's true.
I may have had the timing mixed up, but I am 90% sure that it happened at some point last year. I remember people were going crazy on twitter because of it.

It was either the draft or around the trade deadline. Im pretty sure it was last year, because people were "doubting Landeskog's ability to lead." However, it may have been the year before that.

I'll try to find it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I may have had the timing mixed up, but I am 90% sure that it happened at some point last year. I remember people were going crazy on twitter because of it.

It was either the draft or around the trade deadline. Im pretty sure it was last year, because people were "doubting Landeskog's ability to lead." However, it may have been the year before that.

I'll try to find it.

During our disaster year a Landy trade was very very close to happening. That wasn’t BS, but supposedly Landy came to Sakic and said he wanted to stay and be part of the solution for the Avs so I’m assuming that is probably why the trade didn’t go through.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
What’s going on with Ottawa’s pick?
Are they keeping it or sending it to Colorado?
If Colorado gets Ottawa’s pick, then i could easily see the Avs doing 16th for Grub.

Good point. I would also like to know this. How long does Ottawa have to decide? When is Ottawa suppose to tell Avs which 1st rounder (this draft or next) are they getting.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway

I'll try to find it.

There were a shitload of rumours of Landy to the Bruins for a few minutes last season at the time Sakic and Sweeney were seen talking to eachother. Also speculation of the Kings. At some point last season there were just as many rumours of Landy as Dutch going, but then Landy showed himself as the Captain he is and Duchene as the douche he is and, well, that was that...

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

I'll try to find it.

I think Dater was the main one doubting Landeskogs ability to lead, so that probably had a lot to do with it.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Good point. I would also like to know this. How long does Ottawa have to decide? When is Ottawa suppose to tell Avs which 1st rounder (this draft or next) are they getting.

When their pick is on the clock. It's all moot though, the Sens are keeping this years' pick, as they should. So that's one atleast one good decision made by the Sens the last 9 months.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

BSN broke the Matt Duchene trade.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
When their pick is on the clock. It's all moot though, the Sens are keeping this years' pick, as they should. So that's one atleast one good decision made by the Sens the last 9 months.

I don't know man if waiting to decide whether to trade this years or next years 1st rounder to the avs until their pick is on the clock is wise :laugh: that is some mighty LOL right there.

Ottawa traded Hoffman though; so it looks like at least 2 good decisions ;)

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I don't know man if waiting to decide whether to trade this years or next years 1st rounder to the avs until their pick is on the clock is wise :laugh: that is some mighty LOL right there.

Ottawa traded Hoffman though; so it looks like at least 2 good decisions ;)

Responding to the "when is Ottawa supposed to tell the Avs...", pretty sure they decided to keep it a looong time ago. But yeah, you're right, the Hoffman-trade makes it two :laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad