Confirmed with Link: Avs claim Nicolas Aube-Kubel off Waivers

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
He’s reminding me a bit of a Nuke lite. Not overly physical (though Nuke has ramped that up a bit this season) but he’s tenacious on the forecheck and looks like he can chip in offensively. If he can adjust on defense he’ll be a fine bottom 6 forward for us.
I liked NAK in Philly and he really was the only physical forechecker. Very solidly built and hits to hurt. Our moron coaches don’t know how to get the best out of their players so Chuckles gives them away.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I've liked him more and more every game, granted he had a rough start. I think he's a really good 4th liner moving forward, with LOC getting more minutes. Ideally LOC is 3RW, NAK 4RW.

Yea, he's looked better and better as he gets more games in. I think he actually fits really well into Bednar's scheme.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He's been good. He's probably more of a 4th liner long term, but if I squint I can see a 3rd line guy.

Reactions: Pokecheque

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Very impressed for what he brings to the bottom six. Good forchecker, finishes hits and strong on the puck. Everything I wanted Kaut to become this year. He reminds me of Ryan Hartman. If he continue to develop, would be another great find by Sakic.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bednar had good words for him tonight in his post game presser. He said that NAK played hard and physical...he seems to like him quite a bit.

Pretty good waiver pick up! I think we might keep him after this season.

R2daV

Apr 8, 2018
Makar's immediate reaction after his goal was to point at NAK and nod emphatically. Couldn't catch what he said, but I'm guessing he was like, "that was all you".
I think Makar said “hey, let’s f’in come back!”

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Avs need more bottom 6ers like LOC and NAK and less like Jost. JTC is at least providing some production, though I wish he would go back to that forechecking/agitating style he had before his contract extension.
Compher at least has some grit and as you said is providing a little clutch production. Had high hopes Jost had turned a corner last year but he needs to be jettisoned far into the Galaxy.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's a lot more effective than Helm that's for sure.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It's funny a waiver pickup is better than half our bottom 6.

Joe just needs to get his pro scouts to give him a list of depth pieces that would fit the team and trade for them using our useless draft capital (aka 3rd-7th round picks).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad