Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Canucks - The Sacco Is Awesome Edition

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Anderson's play going from superb to... well, not so much and then the unknown problems between him and the front office.
Shane O'Brien thinking that the 'O' in his name stands for 'Orr'.
Foppa's attempted comeback failing (was gutted about this but so good to see him as an Av again)
Joe Sacco's unveiling of a Greg Sherman voodoo doll and not being afraid to demonstrate his use of it.

I was trying to keep it to only injuries, but I did miss Foppa. Guy almost made it back his first attempt but Minnesota really **** him up that playoff series.

:(

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Couple of things Bendy.

1) The day to day stuff, could easily be the assitant's job. There's no need to put on a whole show.

2) Is there really any accountability, in Colorado? Sacco has been the worst coach in avs history yet, nobody is really attacking him. With PL's background I doubt anyone goes after him in the media.

3) As you said the avs rarely give interviews and that once in a blue moon, could again fall into the assistants duties.

4) This is by far the most absured one. Unless, Pierre has really lost it there's no way his ego is that big. How many gm's are still employed in from those days anyway? All those trades you mentioned were under extreme circumstances where the player wanted to leave. Pierre wasn't the best gm in world and everyone cowars everytime he called. Hell IMO Sather was a better trader. I would rate Lou and Holland better gm's anyway.

As you said believe what you want. If you're believe Pierre is running the show in the back and you're even content with it then, it really doesn't matter. Also I would like to see these comments where he said they make decsions by a comittee.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Couple of things Bendy.

1) The day to day stuff, could easily be the assitant's job. There's no need to put on a whole show.

2) Is there really any accountability, in Colorado? Sacco has been the worst coach in avs history yet, nobody is really attacking him. With PL's background I doubt anyone goes after him in the media.

3) As you said the avs rarely give interviews and that once in a blue moon, could again fall into the assistants duties.

4) This is by far the most absured one. Unless, Pierre has really lost it there's no way his ego is that big. How many gm's are still employed in from those days anyway? All those trades you mentioned were under extreme circumstances where the player wanted to leave. Pierre wasn't the best gm in world and everyone cowars everytime he called. Hell IMO Sather was a better trader. I would rate Lou and Holland better gm's anyway.

As you said believe what you want. If you're believe Pierre is running the show in the back and you're even content with it then, it really doesn't matter. Also I would like to see these comments where he said they make decsions by a comittee.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!

He takes all the decisions...(we're in trou-ble! :laugh:)

I have many questions:

#1 - How on earth does that guy score that interview?
#2 - How on earth does Greg Sherman ACCEPT to give THAT interview?
#3 - Baccachihua become a star in the NHL?? WHO IS THIS and why are you interviewing an NHL GM if you clearly know nothing about the sport?? :laugh:

I couldn't find the video where he said they take the decisions as a group but I know I heard him say that.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!

I have many questions:

#3 - Baccachihua become a star in the NHL?? WHO IS THIS and why are you interviewing an NHL GM if you clearly know nothing about the sport?? :laugh:

I couldn't find the video where he said they take the decisions as a group but I know I heard him say that.

Were they riding in the back of a U-haul when they shot this video?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!

I have many questions:

I remember them saying the group decision thing around draft time.
I took it to mean they make their draft choices as a group, BUT I also understood it as they make most/all decisions as a group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad