Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Canucks - The Sacco Is Awesome Edition

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
someone please tell me why im still a fan of this team? They are hands down the most secretive and most oddly run organization that honestly dont give a **** about their fans. Wish i wasnt so attached to the team I would just cheer for the flames.....

If you like money you should bet and cheer on the flames. If the avs are going to have a bottom 3 season, I'm sure going to make as much money as I can betting against them. At least my misery for avs losses will be off set by my love for cash.

Appleanche

Jan 15, 2013
Asheville, NC
someone please tell me why im still a fan of this team? They are hands down the most secretive and most oddly run organization that honestly dont give a **** about their fans. Wish i wasnt so attached to the team I would just cheer for the flames.....

It's sad and sort of just depressing to be a fan away from Denver. I'm from Boston but live in Western North Carolina so I'm sort of in hockey purgatory (5 hours from Nashville and the Hurricanes, too bad Atlanta's gone) naturally my entire family is Bruins fans and hell besides hockey I'm all Boston/New England teams so it's just sort of an anomaly that I became an Avs fan.

At least if I was in Denver I'd be able to go to games, listen to local media, and talk to fellow fans.. here I'm just a lone Avs fan wallowing alone in this misery.. well besides the internet.

Edit -

Also I still don't think the Avs should just budge and give it all to ROR, as much as this team sucks the real bottom line is giving him exponentially too much means Landeksog, Duchene, and Varly, and all our other UFA and RFAs are going to want to be paid more, and we'll basically be the Flames with constantly being a bubble team, getting mid draft picks, and never really improving while aging every year.. it's just a bad move.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
not+bad.+OC+just+a+thought_51ac9c_3500455.jpg

And agree about Duchene.

Everyone needs to at least admit that the Avs played good until they got scored on though. They looked good to start.

They looked motivated. Still clueless, though. Take away the few breakaways and they had one, maybe two real scoring chances.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
It's sad and sort of just depressing to be a fan away from Denver. I'm from Boston but live in Western North Carolina so I'm sort of in hockey purgatory (5 hours from Nashville and the Hurricanes, too bad Atlanta's gone) naturally my entire family is Bruins fans and hell besides hockey I'm all Boston/New England teams so it's just sort of an anomaly that I became an Avs fan.

At least if I was in Denver I'd be able to go to games.

Would you really pay to see this team play? Unless you're wearing a bag over your head to make a statement, I wouldn't pay money to see this years team play.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Maybe. But he's right about O'Reilly, Stastny, Sacco, and how the Avs have managed the team recently.

he is not right on ROR
So @denversportsfan sez: Avs should not cave. I say: That's exactly type of foolish talk that allow good hockey market to suffer.
..... denversportsfan is

He is not right on Stastny

He is right on Sacco (albeit much too late)

I guess 1 out of 3 ain't bad it is about equal to Saccp's winning percentage as a coach

Appleanche

Jan 15, 2013
Asheville, NC
Would you really pay to see this team play? Unless you're wearing a bag over your head to make a statement, I wouldn't pay money to see this years team play.

Eh, sadly I would. If anything not to listen to Peter McNab's unbridal "Great Period.. only down 2-0!!!" and still watch the games.

member 116861

Eh, sadly I would. If anything not to listen to Peter McNab's unbridal "Great Period.. only down 2-0!!!" and still watch the games.

I'd rather listen to McNab and Haynes instead of the Canucks pair.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011

ever hear of an invention called radio (they even have it on the internet) and you can even use it at the same time as the tv with the volume down

mind-blown.jpg

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Oh one more thing I was thinking of today. Sacco has always had this team come out swinging to start the season. There has been a thread on the main page the last 3 years saying "Are the Avs for real?" So I don't know if this is a really bad sign, or a good sign and we will turn it around. My guess is a bad sign, and Sacco is already starting to lose the room.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh one more thing I was thinking of today. Sacco has always had this team come out swinging to start the season. There has been a thread on the main page the last 3 years saying "Are the Avs for real?" So I don't know if this is a really bad sign, or a good sign and we will turn it around. My guess is a bad sign, and Sacco is already starting to lose the room.

Or it could be the fact that this team went into the season short their leading scorer and both of their best PK guys, and then proceeded to lose two more key players. This was a bad team to start, now it's an awful team that's completely demoralized. No one could get this squad to win.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary

Im glad he's losing the room. Team should stop putting junk behind the bench and go out and fid some real coaches. Look at what tippet has done in Pheonix with the roster he has. I wish we hired Boudreau or whatever his name is last year when he got fired. He's exactly the type of coach this team needs. He'd light a fire under each and every one of their ***** and make them play like they're suppose to.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Also, I wish we'd hire Brian Burke as a GM. Im not even joking. The guy is pretty smart and I think we'd begin to see more exposure for the Avalanche in the media. Its exactly what this team needs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Also, I wish we'd hire Brian Burke as a GM. Im not even joking. The guy is pretty smart and I think we'd begin to see more exposure for the Avalanche in the media. Its exactly what this team needs.

Are you kidding? He had full freedom to do whatever he wanted and in four years couldn't build a winner. He didn't even come close. He had the chance to put the team through a slow rebuild and instead tried to take a shortcut. No thanks, I'd like someone with new ideas please.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Or it could be the fact that this team went into the season short their leading scorer and both of their best PK guys, and then proceeded to lose two more key players. This was a bad team to start, now it's an awful team that's completely demoralized. No one could get this squad to win.

images

132966407_extra_large_medium.jpg

Mike-Babcock.jpg

harry-of-the-hendersons_2.jpg

bill-cosby.jpg

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Are you kidding? He had full freedom to do whatever he wanted and in four years couldn't build a winner. He didn't even come close. He had the chance to put the team through a slow rebuild and instead tried to take a shortcut. No thanks, I'd like someone with new ideas please.

I like Greg Sherman tbh. But i think this team can benefit from some more exposure since we lack in the marketing side of things.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Or it could be the fact that he has an absolutely god awful record ever since he took over against the northwest division, or that he doesn't adjust and other teams realize this, or that he continually attempts to experiment with Matt Duchene putting him on the point, on the wing, etc, or that he juggles lines near the end of the 1st period if the team isn't playing well, not allowing any opportunites to get out of funks and develop chemistry. It just seems like the guys in the room cannot stand him as a coach and want him gone as soon as possible, to which not a single avs fan would argue that decision

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The saddest part is that the Avs management still believes they have a very solid D core.

They are either blind or too stubborn to realize how badly they need much better dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad