Recalled/Assigned: Avs call up Siemens and Grimaldi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would love for siemens to stick. Having him, lindholm, zads and mironiv on the ice next year would be sweet. Not that our d would be much better but teams would sure not like going up against us. Their heads would need to be on a swivel at all times

The funny thing is, our D would actually be better IMO. Considering for half the season this year we've been icing combinations of Gelinas, Tyutin, Weirdo, Goldbluff, and Beauch I think having those 4 young guys replacing all of them, to go along with EJ, Barrie, and Barbiero would be an easy upgrade to what we iced this year.

Still not very good, but definitely better :laugh:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
dSUhMxk.jpg

I'll say one thing for him, he's lucky he's able to make a living that pays him six figures.

The middle photo looks like the guy from GTA 5.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Andrighetto has proven a fast midget can succeed on this team, hopefully Rocco can do the same.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Would love for siemens to stick. Having him, lindholm, zads and mironiv on the ice next year would be sweet. Not that our d would be much better but teams would sure not like going up against us. Their heads would need to be on a swivel at all times

Not setting the bar high if that would be sweet. Unless we are doing a major rebuild.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
rip Bigras

I was wondering if they would do this. They have to make decisions on whether they via Dunk & Rocco as viable NHL options or as just anchors for an AHL team. Either way I really want to see both come back to the Rampage next year; but I wouldn't hold it against them if they wanted to try their luck with another organization.

Woody is gonna be part of the organization next year no matter what, so they didn't "need" to see him before this year was up. Let him put this season from hell behind him over the summer and fight for his spot in camp.

Last edited:

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Not setting the bar high if that would be sweet. Unless we are doing a major rebuild.

Just meant for next year. I mean realistically we wont be bringing in any very good defenseman next year. So it would be nice having a young group and guys that are actually physical and love to hit. I along with everyone else want beauch gone and i would love barrie gone. They will both still be here next year though

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nice to see Siemens. Last time he looked OK, got beat by Toews for a goal I think but that's not exactly a huge black mark for a rookie in his first game.

It's going to be most interesting to see who comes out, IMO. If Bednar has a directive to play them no matter what (I would imagine he does, no way he still has free reign to run this team anymore), the real question will be who they don't want to play. Unless Lindholm is actually injured, that would suck.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Speculation was we had one call up left. Lindholm bring hurt. Or was there more then one injury... Curious

No one was sure whether the Smith paper transaction counted. I didn't think it would, they wouldn't throw away a callup like that. I guess calling up both answers the question for good. Even if Lindholm were injured, I think the NHL would expect us to just put in Wiercioch or Goldbrick if we were out of "non-emergency" callups.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
It must really suck looking like the a 45 year old at 23.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Alright, enough about Siemens' appearance. It's absolutely an unproductive topic. Nobody here is a runway model, let's not forget.

Not that it's a big deal to me, but is there something in HF rules that prohibits this? Legitimate question, because I don't think any of us are making fun of Siemens. He truly is a very rare man to have that type of facial structure and look at his age.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Not that it's a big deal to me, but is there something in HF rules that prohibits this? Legitimate question, because I don't think any of us are making fun of Siemens. He truly is a very rare man to have that type of facial structure and look at his age.

Babe threads are not allowed, nor is discussion about someone's appearance, either positive or negative. Someone's looks is not a relevant hockey topic. So nip it right here or I'll close the thread.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
This will be my last post about the topic of appearances. Nobody had a problem on the main boards with regards to talking about Brett Connolly looking like a 40 year old. Or Kane/Getzlaf/Laine's hairline. Even on this sub-board we rip on Shattenkirk for having the hairstyle of a monk.

What would constitute as productive for this thread? Just a bunch of "go get 'em, tiger!" posts with regards to our last-chance d-man and AHL quality forward? With how horrible this season is, you'd think we could have some fun.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It is not "fun" to discuss how unattractive someone is. Quit trying to justify it. It is off topic at best, let's just leave it at that.

We are done with this discussion now, I'm not kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad