Recalled/Assigned: Avs call up Siemens and Grimaldi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Replace Tyutin with Siemens and let the kid play the rest of the way.

Plenty of guys Grimaldi can replace.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wait...I thought the Avs already "made up their minds" about Siemens :sarcasm:? That's what I've seen repeated over and over again...

Now, for real-talk...I thought I saw somewhere that Lindholm didn't finish the game after his spill in the boards last night, I hope he's not injured or anything and that they're actually giving Siemens a look, and not just recalling him because Lindholm might be injured.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Pretty happy to see Grimaldi up, he has really earned it! This is Siemens shot now. If he is ever going to have a shot with the Avs, this will be it.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I see no downside with this. Glad to see Ser Duncan the ugly get some games in. Please sit Tyutin or Francois. No wait does this mean Lindholm is hurt? He fell hard into the boards yesterday.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Please give Siemens a real opportunity. None of this 8 mins a game **** they like to pull with the young guys.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Please give Siemens a real opportunity. None of this 8 mins a game **** they like to pull with the young guys.

The one good thing about Bednar is he does give the young guys a legit chance. Greer played top 6 and on the PP, Mikko was top 6 from the go, Jost is playing on the PP and got a shot in the shootout and played in OT, JTC got elevated and I think hes playing hard minutes now. Hopefully Duncan gets a proper rotation and I think he will.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not that I have high hopes for Siemens because I don't think he'll ever be an NHL defensemen. But if you're going to give him a shot, then give him a shot.

I've liked what I've seen so far from Lindholm but I don't like how they've limited him to 12-13 minutes per night, especially when he's on a pairing with Beauchemin and we routinely see Francois approaching 20+ minutes. You're the last place team in the league, no harm in playing a kid 16-18 minutes per night.

That said, I fully expect one of Goloubef/Wiercioch to go in and Siemens to be a healthy scratch lol

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Siemens has to prove that he can move the puck at an NHL level. That's all that matters for him during this call up.

I would argue that Tyutin has yet to prove that all season, but it has not prevented him from being a fixture in the lineup. The big thing that Siemens offers is that he can really skate for a bigger player, and the league is based on skating ability these days (along with puck movement).

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Not that I have high hopes for Siemens because I don't think he'll ever be an NHL defensemen. But if you're going to give him a shot, then give him a shot.

I've liked what I've seen so far from Lindholm but I don't like how they've limited him to 12-13 minutes per night, especially when he's on a pairing with Beauchemin and we routinely see Francois approaching 20+ minutes. You're the last place team in the league, no harm in playing a kid 16-18 minutes per night.

That said, I fully expect one of Goloubef/Wiercioch to go in and Siemens to be a healthy scratch lol

I would hope that they would be in the lineup if called up. I think that both will play, however, Grimaldi was up before and Bednar appeared to shut him down after one period. It was a shame, because I thought that he had played well in his few shifts that game.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The two correct choices IMO. Major congrats to Dunk. Let him play 15 minutes plus in each of the last 4 games.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
dSUhMxk.jpg

I'll say one thing for him, he's lucky he's able to make a living that pays him six figures.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Would love for siemens to stick. Having him, lindholm, zads and mironiv on the ice next year would be sweet. Not that our d would be much better but teams would sure not like going up against us. Their heads would need to be on a swivel at all times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad